I want to move to the UK?

I want to move to the UK, later in life. I live in America, and I am not that happy.
Is Liverpool a nice place to live?
Do you think I'd be happier in UK than in the US?

Update: You guys have been so helpful, I love your answers, and I have concluded that I think I would end up visiting soon as soon as I get a chance and eventually move to England. I checked out York and Chester and they are very beautiful. Thanks, but some more suggestions would be nice. Also, I'd love to chat with... show more You guys have been so helpful, I love your answers, and I have concluded that I think I would end up visiting soon as soon as I get a chance and eventually move to England. I checked out York and Chester and they are very beautiful. Thanks, but some more suggestions would be nice.

Also, I'd love to chat with some of you just to meet some people out of the US, I love meeting new people.

And to some people who are wondering, I am American, but my nationality is Armenian, so I guess that would make a difference
lol