Twilight? Alice being in a psycho ward? ?

Ok so i just recently got into the whole twilight series and what not, so I've seen the movie, and now I'm currently about 1/4 done with the first book. And everything is great but I've heard before that Alice Cullen prior to becoming a vampire was in a crazy persons place? Is that true? If so does it ever explain that in the first book or any other twilight series book?

Please be specific.

Update:

By specific i mean actually saying what book in the series explains it.

Update 2:

By specific i mean actually saying what book in the series explains it.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

When Alice was human she had the ability to see visions of the future, just as she can in her vampire life. When she confided this in her parents they assumed her to be crazy and sent her to a mental institution where she was locked up for the rest of her human life. There she was kept in the dark and did go a little crazy. This results in her loss of memory when she wakes up as a vampire. Somehow James (the vampire who attacks Bella at the end of Twilight) met Alice and decided that she was to be his next victim. One of the caretakers at the asylum who had grown very fond of Alice turned out to be a vampire. He took her away and bit her thus transforming her into a vampire and securing her safety from James. But he wasn't strong enough to remain with her while she was transforming without finishing her off and he had to leave her. When she woke up she was a vampire, completely alone and confused. but she had a vision of Jasper and she going to live with the Cullens and taking on an all animal diet and that was enough to keep her tame enough to not kill hundreds of innocent humans. So yeah, that's basically it. Hope this helps!

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Alice was held in a mental asylum because of her ability to have visions. There she was turned by a vampire who worked in the building sometime in the1920's.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

the book explains it all.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.