Why does acid reflux cause shoulder/arm/neck pain?

It simply makes no sense to me. I read everywhere that shoulder/arm/neck pain is associated with acid reflux, but WHY? It makes no sense. Also, I haven't been to a doctor recently about how bad my acid reflux has gotten, but on the medicine I got, Zantac, it says specifically to not take it if you are... show more It simply makes no sense to me. I read everywhere that shoulder/arm/neck pain is associated with acid reflux, but WHY? It makes no sense.
Also, I haven't been to a doctor recently about how bad my acid reflux has gotten, but on the medicine I got, Zantac, it says specifically to not take it if you are experiencing shoulder or neck pain with your acid reflux. Why is this? And why are you advised to not take the medicine with this additional pain? I have no choice, so I take it anyway, while also chugging a lot of Liquid Antacid.

I just got over a huge bout of severe acid reflux a few minutes ago. It was so bad I was nearly screaming, making myself vomit to make it go away (it has worked in the past), and barely able to lift my right arm.
The arm is still hurting, even to just use the mouse.
0