What if Obama was Mexican American?

If Obamas name was Jose Sanchez Martinez Obamo, do you think he still would have won the election? its a valid question being a Mexican American myself.

Favorite Answer

Interesting question... I think SOME people would of persecuted him for having a Mexican name, calling him a Mayan conquistador who wants nothing else but to cut off their hearts and offer it at a sacrificial object to the Gods. I mean, if their are calling him Muslim now because his middle name is Hussein, Jose Sanchez Maritinez Obamo would be no better.

One would hope that he would still be elected. Although, race may have played a small role in election, I don't think Americans are that shallow. There are more Mexican Americans in this country then any other race with the exception of Whites. I believe that Obama got elected because of his political views and the understanding and need for change. Whether he was black, white, hispanic, asian, or native american, he is well spoken and spoke to everyone. America needed someone like him, now lets hope he makes on his promises for change.

Obama won in spite of being black, living much of his formative years in another country and having a middle name of Hussein.

I don't think anything other ethnic group could top that.

Obama won based on his suave & charming personality. If he was born in Edcouch, Texas to a mother who just crossed the border, I don't think that would be any more of a problem that what he already has overcome.

Yes if he had the same policies.

Look if someone named "Barack Hussein Obama" can win a presidential election 7 years after 9/11, I think anyone can win.

I think Obama would still have won. People are very tired of the Republican party at the moment.

Add: Thank you, Thomas. I abhor the hyphenated American labels.

• Noah H

Say what? I thought O'Bama was Irish! Wow, the things you learn on the internet!

Yes.

the next president [after obama] it will be a Mexican's Woman

so get ready America

PS in 2025 if you want keep your job you better learn to speak spanish and chinese and take your patriotis into your ******* ***

he won with a name that sounds oddly similar to "osama". I dont see how a mexican name could have handicapped him any more than that.

I dont care what his name is as long as its not "bush" or "mccain" or "palin".

What I wonder is.... would mexicans elect a black president if he had been a mexican citizen?

• Char

LMFAO then there would be 50 other guys with the same name :]