is garmin map update free or do we have to pay for it?

is the garmin map update free? because many people said we have to pay for map update... but when i was on the garmin website... it say free download.. but im not quite sure if its the download for the free map update for Garmin c350 because i dont have a garmin yet... still deciding if i should get one if it give free map update? can anyone help me?

Favorite Answer

YES!

The Garmin map update is always free if you own a current, (PC or Mac friendly) Garmin. In my experience it is a very simple upgrade process of plugging in your GPS to your computer, downloading the update, and installing it to your device.

The updates can be simple information changes as road construction, road name changes, or as big as major new highway routes.

Extended maps, however, maps of areas not in your original software, new cities, off-road, and aeronautical, I believe will cost extra.

i ran out of memory now what?