Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

Can you stack up gaffe for gaffe 0bama to Palin? If you've bought into the idea that Palin is an idiot, what?

proof do you have other than being a gullible dunce and believing everything the inthetankfor0bama mainstream media told you?

Don't you know they see Palin as a threat and have thrown the works at dismantling this Governor in charge of a 13Bill AK budget, responsible for the Trans Canada Pipeline, with an 84% approval rating and who received glowing accolades as "presidential material" from TIME, USA Today and even the Huffington Post PRIOR to her selection as VP?

I can off the top of my head rattle of 0bama gaffes:

57 states

great lakes in oregon

uncle who liberated auschwitz in attic

israel will always be a friend of israel

truman was a great peace negotiator

and listen to him he cannot even form a cohesive sentence with out a teleprompter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erM-gHZrOlE

Youtube thumbnail

&eurl=&feature=player_embedded

speaking of which, he always uses a portaprompter, even in the rain, without which he is in great peril...

Palin, on the other hand, speaks with flow, extemporaneously without assistance with a fast grasp of facts and figures

So, other than what someone TOLD you, and mocking her Northern Canadian accent, just what numerous gaffes to you point to?

she never said anything about Africa, if so provide a youtube, but she did not

Selma got me born

jack kennedy Kenyan airlift

black boy bleached in Ebony mag

my muslim faith

10,000 died in kansas tornadoes

my father was a goat herder (economist)

our troops spray bullets at civilians

lied about NAFTA

said he'd use public financing

lied about PACS/lobby money

said he never heard Wright

lied about banning guns

clinging to guns and religion

typical white woman

plagiarized mlk jft malcx keyes etc

Favorite Answer

I find it very interesting that not one person has mentioned a gaffe of Sarah Palin. It seems that any time a question is asked that even HINTS that you might not be in love with Obama, all people reply is,"McCain LOST!" or "The election is OVER!"

I find it terribly unfair that people who voted for Obama were allowed/are allowed to make fun of McCain and Palin, but when people who supported McCain and Palin ask a simple question, people get angry and don't even answer the question.

It is very obnoxious! I hope you get some real answers.

Are you kidding me right now?

Sarah Palin is one of the stupidest human beings ever and she has a lot of blame for McCain not winning.

Sarah believed in creationism taught in school.

If you were raped you couldn't get an abortion.

She doesn't think humans caused global warming.

She wants to drill into the ocean.

And theres more.

And Obama may have slips but he also says amazing things and will help our country, even if you don't deserve it.

You are right. I do view Palin as a threat.

A threat to the reputation and itegrity of the United States of America.

The most ignorant thing Palin did was not realize that she was a vagina with a name to put on the ticket, and that the Republican party sold her out.

She was what she was, and was successful at it. They took the fish out of water and then left her holding the the anchor on the sinking ship.

I don't blame her. She was told she would be a great VP, she was told she would help win the election. She wasn't prepped and when she got over her head they let her drown.

Palin has a future, but not as president, or vice president, I don't think. Maybe the Senate, maybe. But I'm not sure she'll even hold her spot in Alaska after this.

I seriously doubt the republicans will put anything else in her hands.

It's not just about gaffes. It's about not being able to name the publications that she reads and then going on Fox and claiming that she couldn't name one newspaper because she was annoyed. It was about being asked question regarding McCain's political history and not being able to answer them but promising to look it up and bring the information back. It's about winking into the camera and giving shout outs during a debate as though she was running for Miss Wasilla instead of VP of the free world. It's about pardoning a turkey and then standing in front of multiple turkeys being slaughtered while saying that she was sure she was going to be criticized but at least it was fun.

There are gaffes during every campaign - they have whirlwind schedules, they get little sleep and they're people, not robots. I don't hold gaffes against her but the inability to answer simple questions, the lack of decorum and fear mongering I do hold against her. She's not stupid, she's unfit for national office and the powers that be in the republican party seem to agree.

It's amazing what people will grab and run with all in the name of "sticking it" to other people. To them, I doubt highly it has an ounce to do with intelligence as it does the fact that they use it as some rather weak leverage to insult Republicans with. Just childish fodder. So, in answer to your question, Obama has a bunch of gaffes!! Just no one will report on it or even try to explain it.

Palin is indeed a threat to America I agree with you there. As far as gaffe for gaffe, Palin was on the national stage 2 months, yet her gaffes stack up to Obama's and McCain's who were each in the public eye 2 years. Wow, It's really sad if you can't see how bad that is.

1. "As Putin rears his head and comes into the air space of the United States of America, where– where do they go? It's Alaska. It's just right over the border." --Sarah Palin, explaining why Alaska's proximity to Russia gives her foreign policy experience, interview with CBS's Katie Couric, Sept. 24, 2008 (Watch video clip)

2. "We believe that the best of America is not all in Washington, D.C. ... We believe that the best of America is in these small towns that we get to visit, and in these wonderful little pockets of what I call the real America, being here with all of you hard working very patriotic, um, very, um, pro-America areas of this great nation." --Sarah Palin, speaking at a fundraiser in Greensoboro, N.C., Oct. 16, 2008

3. "Ohh, good, thank you, yes." --Sarah Palin, after a notorious Canadian prank caller complimented her on the documentary about her life, Hustler's "Nailin Paylin," Nov. 1, 2008 (Read more about the prank call, watch the video and see the transcript)

4. "Well, let's see. There's ― of course in the great history of America there have been rulings that there's never going to be absolute consensus by every American, and there are those issues, again, like Roe v. Wade, where I believe are best held on a state level and addressed there. So, you know, going through the history of America, there would be others but ―" --Sarah Palin, unable to name a Supreme Court decision she disagreed with other than Roe vs. Wade, interview with Katie Couric, CBS News, Oct. 1, 2008 (Watch video clip)

5. "All of 'em, any of 'em that have been in front of me over all these years." --Sarah Palin, unable to name a single newspaper or magazine she reads, interview with Katie Couric, CBS News, Oct. 1, 2008 (Watch video clip)

6. "They are also building schools for the Afghan children so that there is hope and opportunity in our neighboring country of Afghanistan." --Sarah Palin, speaking at a fundraiser in San Francisco, Oct. 5, 2008

7. "[T]hey're in charge of the U.S. Senate so if they want to they can really get in there with the senators and make a lot of good policy changes that will make life better for Brandon and his family and his classroom." --Sarah Palin, getting the vice president's constitutional role wrong after being asked by a third grader what the vice president does, interview with NBC affiliate KUSA in Colorado, Oct. 21, 2008 (Watch video clip)

8. "I told the Congress, 'Thanks, but no thanks,' on that Bridge to Nowhere." –Sarah Palin, who was for the Bridge to Nowhere before she was against it

9. "If [the media] convince enough voters that that is negative campaigning, for me to call Barack Obama out on his associations then I don't know what the future of our country would be in terms of First Amendment rights and our ability to ask questions without fear of attacks by the mainstream media." --Sarah Palin, getting First Amendment rights backwards while suggesting that criticism of her is unconstitutional, radio interview with WMAL-AM, Oct. 31, 2008

10. "I'm the mayor, I can do whatever I want until the courts tell me I can't.'" --Sarah Palin, as quoted by former City Council Member Nick Carney, after he raised objections about the $50,000 she spent renovating the mayor's office without approval of the city council

~Compiled by Daniel Kurtzman

*Any more dumb questions?

• njb444

For the amount of time Palin was on the national stage, she made a ton of gaffes!

-Africa is a country

-New Hampshire is in the northwest

-Alaska's proximity to Russia is her foreign policy experience

-"Real" America

-what does a VP do everyday?

-the VP is in charge of the Senate

-Bush doctrine

.

.

.

Palin made more gaffes in the two months since she was chosen as the VP candidate than Obama did in the two years of campaigning! lol, go ahead and nominate Sarah Palin in 2012, it'll be a bigger landslide for Obama!

Edit: could you provide links for all of those gaffes? Remember, Obama's gaffes took place over a period of two years, while Palin's over a period of two months.

http://politicalhumor.about.com/od/sarahpalin/a/pa...

I can see the MILF angle and I figure if she hadn't been 'revealed' until a week or 2 before the election she might have won it for McCain but really you are comparing day to day bloopers w. combined ignorance and idiocy.

I never thought she was an idiot. I thought McCain and his campaign manager were idiots for choosing her for the VP nomination. She's just unqualified, that's all.

PS: Watch the Couric interview.