What does FPS mean?(Air Soft Guns)?

What does it stand for and if you know how much FPS's equals 1 mph please tell me if thats like....possible to figure out.

I'm sure the higher the FPS is the better? Also is there anyway you could give me a example like.

"130FPS would go about 100 feet" Or whatever.

Please and thanks a bunch if you do.

Favorite Answer

fps x 0.6818 = mph

for example 100 fps x 0.6818 = 68.18 mph

http://www.reloadbench.com/gloss/conv.html

It means feet per second in velocity, so a 130 fps gun travels 130 feet in one second, assuming there is no air resistance (which there is). So, this number is the velocity at the muzzle. Higher fps is better because it means the BB has more energy and will travel farther. I can't really give you an example like that because fps is not the only factor in distance. Wind speed and direction play a huge part, as well as the quality of the gun (barrel may curve slightly) and the hop-up setting (gives BB a backspin to give further range). I can tell you that 100+ foot shots are possible with anything ~300 fps or up, 150+ feet with ~350 fps, and 175+ feet with ~400fps or greater.

Hope this helps!

Source(s): Airsoft sniper

FPS stands for feet per second. That is how fas the airsoft pellet travels in one second after being pushed from the barrel. And yes the higher the fps the more power you get. Just be careful not to believe everything they say about a gun. If it sounds to good to be true, it probably is. Spring guns are usually around 300 or so fps and gas guns can be around 600. I tried to calculate mph for you but I' m not so great at math. :-)

Hope that helps!

FPS stands for Feet Per Second. The rate of speed a bb bullet would travel. For example 300 fps would travel 300 feet in one second. 130 fps would only go at about a range of only 50 feet.

FPS = Feet per second i.e. muzzle velocity of the gun

And contrary to what you think, higher FPS is not always better. You want to aim for somewhere between 300 and 400 for AEGs. Hop-up and barrel length has more effect on the range of the gun than FPS.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

What does FPS mean?(Air Soft Guns)?

Please and thanks a...

Source(s): fps air soft guns: https://tr.im/YtmPM

feet per second. it means how many feet the ball travel per second. also it is a gage of the speed of the ball.

feet per second

very interesting question