Translation for crochet pattern?

I want to crochet a jacket for my friend ( a birthday present! )

But i cant really understand the written patterns

I really need help now

Does anyone here can translate the pattern for me?..in a longer form..

I would really appreciate for it...

thank you so much.

this is the pattern :

JACKET:

Crochet Gauge: Width of 4 tr-groups and 4 rows using crochet hook size 9 mm = 10 x 10 cm

Stripes: See diagram M.1. 1 row in diagram = 1 row of tr’s.

Crochet info 1: At the beginning of each row of tr’s replace the 1st tr with 3 ch, and finish each row with 1 tr in 3rd ch from beginning of previous row.

Crochet info 2: 1 tr-group = 2 tr in same st. ½ tr-group = 3 ch (equals 1 tr)

Back piece: Read Crochet info 1. Crochet 31-34-40 (43-46) ch (incl 3 ch to turn with) using Eskimo 01 and crochet hook size 9 mm. Crochet stripes after M.1 as follows:

1st row: 1 tr in 4th ch from hook, *skip 2 ch, 2 tr in next ch*, repeat from *-* = 10-11-13 (14-15) tr-groups on row, turn the piece

2nd row: 3 ch (= 1 tr), 2 tr between the first 2 tr-groups from previous row (crochet at top of st and not round the whole st), *2 tr between the next 2 tr-groups*, repeat from *-* and finish with 2 tr at the top of the last tr = 1 tr (3 ch) + 10-11-13 (14-15) tr-groups on row – see Crochet info 2.

Repeat 2nd row. When piece measures approx 20-23-23 (27-30) cm inc for sleeves each side as follows: Crochet 16-19-19 (25-28) ch at the end of row, turn the piece and crochet as explained for 1st row. Repeat other side of piece and continue pattern as before = 1 tr (3 ch) + 20-23-25 (30-33) tr-groups on row. When piece measures 30-33-36 (40-45) cm cut the thread.

Left front piece: Crochet 16-16-19 (22-22) ch (incl 3 ch to turn with) using Eskimo 01 and crochet hook size 9 mm. Crochet stripes after M.1 and tr-groups as described for back piee = 1 tr (3 ch) +5-5-6 (7-7) tr groups after 2nd row. When piece measures approx 20-23-23 (27-30) cm inc for sleeve at side as described for back piece. Continue pattern as before = 1 tr (3 ch) + 10-11-12 (15-16) tr-groups on row. When piece measures 30-33-36 (40-45) cm cut the thread.

Right front piece: Crochet as left front piece, but mirrored.

Cuffs: Crochet 2 rows of tr along sleeve edge using Eskimo 01 = approx 1 tr (3 ch) + 8-8-10 (10-11) tr on row.

Front edge: Crochet 1 row of tr-groups along the front edge of both front pieces using Eskimo 01 = approx 12-13-14 (16-18) tr-groups.

Assembly: Sew shoulder/sleeve seams – start at sleeve edge and work towards neckline – leave 5-5 tr-groups mid back for neck opening. Sew underarm and side seams.

Hood: Use Eskimo 01. Crochet 1 dc in 1st st, 3 ch, approx 13-14-15 (16-17) tr round neckline as described for jacket. Continue with tr-groups until hood measures approx 22-24-26 (29-30) cm, cut the thread. Fold hood double and sew top seam with neat sts.

Sew on buttons on left front piece – the top one approx 1-2 cm from neckline and the bottom one approx 10-12 cm from lower edge.

I got this pattern from drops design : http://www.garnstudio.com/lang/en/visoppskrift.php...

A nice jacket right..so please help me..

thank you so much

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

this is way to long. however, since you are really interested, here goes !

tr - treble ;

ch - chain ;

* - * -- repeat from * to * {anything outside the asterisks has to be followed as instructed, only that within asterisks has to be repeated till end}

Crochet Gauge: Width of 4 tr-groups and 4 rows using crochet hook size 9 mm = 10 x 10 cm ----- This refers to the tension. it is always advisable to make a swatch of the pattern before commencing the actual project to get your tension in sync with that of the instructions. thus, if you crochet 4 tr-groups for 4 rows, you should get a 10x10 piece. if not, change your tautness or your hook ...

Crochet info 1: At the beginning of each row of tr’s replace the 1st tr with 3 ch, and finish each row with 1 tr in 3rd ch from beginning of previous row. ----- this is standard procedure. how else would one turn one's work & start the next row, keeping the project flat & consistent. 3 ch equals 1 tr in length. hence the 1st tr is substituted with 3 ch.

Crochet info 2: 1 tr-group = 2 tr in same st.

½ tr-group = 3 ch (equals 1 tr) ---- these, to me are again redundant instructions. they could've been incorporated in the pattern itself.

Crochet 31-34-40 (43-46) ch --- these are the different sizes for which the pattern is provided. if you start with 31 ch, then follow the 1st number throughout. i will write it for 31 only. before you start, blank out all the other numbers/sizes, except the one you want for easier reading..

Back piece:

1st row: 1 tr in 4th ch from hook, *skip 2 ch, 2 tr in next ch*, repeat from *-* = 10 tr-groups on row, turn the piece

---- you've started with 31 ch. make 1tr in 4th ch from hook ie. in the 28th ch.

then, skip 2 ch, 2 tr in next ch , do this 10 times so that at the end of the row you have 10 tr groups. turn.

2nd row: 3 ch (= 1 tr),

2 tr between the first 2 tr-groups from previous row (crochet at top of st and not round the whole st),

*2 tr between the next 2 tr-groups*, repeat from *-*

and finish with 2 tr at the top of the last tr

-------- if you do this correctly, you will have : 1 tr (3 ch) + 10 tr-groups on row

Repeat 2nd row. When piece measures approx 20 cm increase for sleeves each side as follows: Crochet 16 ch at the end of row, turn the piece and crochet as explained for 1st row.

Repeat other side of piece and continue pattern as before = 1 tr (3 ch) + 20 tr-groups on row. When piece measures 30 cm cut the thread.

i suggest you start off with this. once you have the tension right & are comfortable with the pattern, do the back piece as detailed above. in the meantime, i'll decipher the rest of the pattern for you on word & email it to you [hope your email is enabled; otherwise, you can email me later].

if you have any further queries, let me know.

all the very best & have fun

• 1 decade ago

I'd assume that you know ch= chain and st= stitch

I'd assume that tr= treble, and that the 24-25-26 thing is 24 for a small, 25 for a medium, and so on. Good luck and hapy crocheting!

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

You made 5 chain and formed a ring. That is the ring referred to in Round 1. At the beginning of Round 1 you worked chain 3. Having worked to the end of Round 1 you reach the chain 3 worked at the beginning and slip stitch into the top of the chain 3. Round 2. "ch-2 space" is the space underneath the chain2 you worked in Round 1.You insert the hook into that space to work the instructions given. Don't just read the pattern. Have your crochet in your hands and just do exactly as the instruction says. I cannot see anything confusing.

• Dawn B
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

May I suggest another pattern?

http://www.joann.com/static/project/0801/P488350.p...

It is very close and directions are much clearer.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.