k. so i love reading. i'm looking for books that could be suggested to a teen girl. does anyone have any ideas?

some books i've already read are:

the twilight saga, the Gemma Doyle trilogy, the mortal instruments trilogy- books 1 & 2 (3 isnt out yet), wake, jane eyre, pride and prejudice, his dark materials trilogy, harry potter series & the host

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

I rated them 1-10 and gave a little blurb-

The Lovely Bones- Alice Seabold (Sebold? Seebold? I dunno.)

8- It was a very sad, touching book that every teen is affected by. IT tells the story of a girl, Susie, who watches her family from heaven after her rape and murder. Very good book- try it!

The Eragon Series (Inheritance Series)- Christiopher Palioni (I dunno how to spell his name too)- Includes Eragon, Eldest, and Brisinger

8- Great books if you liked His Dark Materials- It takes place in a king's empire with a young farm boy, who raises a dragon throughout many adventures. EXCELLENT writing style- but you have to be didicated, their long books.

The Da-Vinci Code- Dan Brown

8- Great intellectual book following the travels of Robert Langdon as he strives to unveil the mystery of the holy grail- all while on the run from the french police. I loved it.

Angels and Demons- Dan Brown

7- Again follows the travels of Robert Langdon, as he explores a more scientific mystery of a lost jar of the impossible antimatter- which will implode and destroy Venice if he does not do anything.

Blue Blood Series- Melissa De La Cruz

?- Never read it- My freinds did though. It is along the twilight sereis concept, if you liked that.

Silent to The Bone- E.L Konigsburg

7- Again very deep- tells the story of a boy stunned silent after he supposedly accidently killed his baby sister- however, a certain freind thinks he did not. Was it really him?

hope i helped!

• Mariah
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

The Shopaholic Series, anything by Sharon Creech or Gail Carson Levine, Anne of Green Gables series, Memoirs of a Geisha, Little Women...

of course, it depends on the girl. Like I personally cannot stand Jane Austen. But these suggestions should get you started.

Oh! and the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series! We can't forget those!

Oh, and if your looking for some mushy love stories (and really, who isn't every once in a while?) check out Nicholas Sparks. He wrote classics such as The Notebook and A Walk to Remember...

Also, these might be a little juvenile, but if you're into historical fiction, you should look into the Royal Diaries series... they're very entertaining.

Source(s): I'm a teenage girl who also loves to read...
  • 4 years ago

*The Gemma Doyle series is Great- they're about a girl who has a mystical ability to open a portal to another world. * The Looking Glass Wars- This is a GREAT book that is a play on the Alice in Wonderland story * The Jessica Darling Series (Sloppy Firsts, Second Helpings, Charmed Thirds, Fourthcomings) These are Great books. I have read them all multiple times. Try some Classics. Pride and Prejudice is one of my all time favs.- its a great mix of romance and a great example of everything ending as it should. *Gone with the Wind- Give it a shot. Its an awesome novel. It starts out kind of slow but once you get into it you'll be crying and laughing and into the novel so deep you won't be able to put it down.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Hi there,

For teens, I can really recommend "Looking for Alibrandi" by Melina Marchetta. Also, you might like the Inkheart series by Cornelia Funke, "Journey to Eureka" by Kerry Greenwood, and "The Secret Garden" by Frances Hodgson Burnett.

Cheers

S

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

sarah dessen

john greene

the mortal instruments trilogy are pretty good. fade (wakes sequel) will be out in feb.

i personally dont really like them but they say that the shopaholic series is pretty good. theyr making a movie out of it.

bloodline

the third eye

a great and terrible beauty and its sequals by libby bray

my sisters keeper

• 1 decade ago

I used to love Gossip Girl books although i've only read a few and have forgotten what most were about.

And the Confessions of Georgia Nicolson.

Source(s): me in 7th grade.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You could try reading the twilight saga, it is a romance. So if you dnt lik romance, dnt read it, or cirque du freak its bout vamps, or uglies series bout a special society, or lois lowry books, or the Clique <<good book bout the pretty commitee.

• 1 decade ago

The Uglies series

The Mediator series

if you loved twilight, you will love the mediator books. and the uglies is just really good. they are both sort of science ficton/fantasy but with romance and adventure

• 1 decade ago

Uglies trilogy

Percy Jackson and the Olympians series

Eragon

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I recently read a book named 'The Hunger Games' (I forgot the name of the author of the book) because Stephenie Meyer (the author of Twilight, just in case someone doesn't know who she is) recommended it. The book is just AMAZING, just like SM said it was...

I seriously recommend this book!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.