Is XP antivirus 2009 compatible with Vista?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
I got a new computer running windows Vista but I already paid for XP antivirus 2009 on my old computer.Will I be able to transfer it to my new one or is only compatible with windows ...show more
Update : I have paid $50 for that program and I'm going to use it if I can.
Update 2: Can you also give me the link to re download it because they didn't ...show more
Update 3: please help me I google it but all I can find is remove instructions not ...show more
Best AnswerAsker's Choice
Well,since you insist to use it,yes all trojan and viruses are compatible with all windows platforms.

Asker's rating & comment

3 out of 5
The only answer with some help
  • 24
  • Comment

Other Answers (4)

Rated Highest
  • Rated Highest
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • kaliman_626 answered 5 years ago
    You just purchased a $50 Dollar Virus.

Google Antivirus 2009 youl find out its a spyware/virus/trojan

Remove it from your system.
    • 19
    • Comment
  • Ron M answered 5 years ago
    XP Antivirus 2009 is spyware/malware. If you haven't clicked on the popup, just download the anti malware program Malwarebytes. Http://www.malwarebytes.com Install it, update it and run it. It will remove this spyware from your system. If you have clicked on the popup, you will need to Google this problem for the removal process.
    • 17
    • Comment
  • Pete answered 5 years ago
    If it is...you don't want it. Oh, and you got ripped of.

Antivirus XP or Antivirus XP 2009 or any derivation thereof...is a virus. It is a scam to get your money and it does not protect you from viruses, as it IS a virus itself.

If you'd like to get some reliable virus software for your new machine, try Avast. It is free for home use, and it is rated as good as Norton and other professional anti virus software.

Whatever you do, don't download Antivirus 2009 onto your new machine.
    • 15
    • Comment
  • nookkin answered 5 years ago
    XP Antivirus 2009 IS a malware application.

DO NOT INSTALL IT.

If you already installed it, you can find information on removing it here: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=ant...
    (note that simply uninstalling it via Programs and Features will NOT actually remove it.)

You should try AVG or Avast -- both good free antivirus programs.
    • 14
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member Since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total Answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock