Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 decade ago

Can anyone suggest some good romance/fantasy/sci-fi books, please?

Have you got any recommendations for a book to read?

I like Stephenie Meyer's Twilight Saga and The Host, as well as the Harry Potter Series. I also like books like Jane Eyre and The House of Night Series. Thanks!

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Most of these a fantasy and romance mixed together but some tend more one way than the other. They are a mix of YA fiction and more adult fiction.

Trinity -- Fiona McIntosh

Black Jewels Trilogy -- Anne Bishop

Warlands Chronicles -- Elizabeth Vaughan

Books by Sharon Shinn

Black Magician Trilogy (not much romance until the final book though)

Guardians of Time Trilogy -- Marianne Curley

Old Magic -- Marianne Curley

Gemma Doyle books -- Libba Bray

Tamir Triad -- Lynn Flewelling

Any Tortall books -- Tamora Pierce

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

The Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind is great, 11 books and a Spin off book - Debt of Bones

Wizards First Rule

Stone of Tears

Blood of the Fold

Temple of the Winds

Soul of the Fire

Faith of the Fallen

The Pillars of Creation

Naked Empire

Chainfire

Phantom

Confessor

This is Fantasy and Romance all in one

• 4 years ago

These all some great sci-fi/adventure novels that you might like: Maximum Ride series by James Patterson Uglies series by Scott Westerfield The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Hi, you might want to try my own recently published book, entitled "The Tales of Tanglewood: The Lon Dubh Whistle".

You can download the first three chapters for free, at http://www.talesoftanglewood.com

Within the pages of the book, readers will discover Colin, a child who is fully aware of the hidden world of myth and wonder hiding within the woods just beyond his home, long kept secret by old magic. Only the fey magic which runs through his veins has enabled Colin to find what others cannot; the Tanglewood, the 'wood within the woods.

Full of odd characters and creatures of the fey, the Tanglewood is a world of magnificent folklore come to life. As Colin begins to explore the Tanglewood, he will find friendship with the ferrish Ailfrid, the elfin girl Deidre, and Doc Muffingrow, a wise druid.

Colin will also find that there is much magic in himself, as well as dangerous enemies who will not let him find solace in the wood so easily. Ailil, King of the Sprites and ruler of The Below, has laid claim to his spirit, and Colin will need the help of his friends and quite a bit of magic to save himself.

The Tanglewood is a place like no other, and Colin is a boy like no other. Throughout his adventures, he will uncover the secret of the fey blood within him, and help dispel the poisonous corruption and hidden dangers that threaten the inhabitants of the wood and the Tanglewood itself.

For more details and to download the first three chapters for free, go to http://www.talesoftanglewood.com

or you can check out the reviews at Amazon.com

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

The Deed of Paksenarrion, by Elizabeth Moon,

The Chalion universe by Lois McMaster Bujold, which includes

The Curse of Chalion,

Paladin of Souls,

and The Hallowed Hunt.

Also The Sharing Knife novels,

Beguilement,

Legacy,

Passage,

and a book to be published next year, Horizon.

and for pure romantic fun try Cordelia's Honor.

You might also try The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The Gemma Doyle trilogy by Libba Bray

The Mediator series by Meg Cabot

The Two Princesses of Bamarre by Gail Carson Levine

Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine

Fairest by Gail Carson Levine

Ever by Gail Carson Levine

The Goose Girl and its sequels by Shannon Hale

Princess Academy by Shannon Hale

Book of a Thousand Days by Shannon Hale

• 1 decade ago

the vampire academy is a good one thou only 2 books are out so far

ummmmmm wicked one and two are pretty good if you can ignore a major setting error that you'll notice between the two books if you read them one after another. hmmmmm Tithe is amazing by Holly Black and i just finished the latest house of night book i didn't expect it to move so fast i want the next one out now o and if you didn't know the first part of Midnight Sun was published legally on Stephanie Meyer's website so you don't need to feel guilty about reading it

• 1 decade ago

I would recommend the house of night series. So far there are four books called Marked, Betrayed, Chosen, and Untamed. The next one is coming out in March and is called Hunted. They are really good and full of romance and vampires.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

the "Left Behind" series. AWESOME! Fiction based on fact about the book of Revelation. Over 80 million copies sold in the series. Best selling fiction series ever!

• 1 decade ago

READ THIS BOOK! It is absolutely amazing! "The Dark Princess" by Amanda Kostro (I could NOT put it down!). Now, even though a fourteen-year-old wrote it, I LOVED it! I gave it to all my friends and THEY loved it too! We're telling everyone we meet about this book! It's a great read that's filled with fantasy, revenge, adventure, magic, romance, creatures, wonderful characters, betrayal, war, gore, fighting... JUST EVERYTHING! I did some more research on "The Dark Princess" by Amanda Kostro, and I found her website. [www.thedarkprincess.net] Check it out!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.