Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CareFirst Aid · 1 decade ago

Ear Infection with green puss!!!?

I am a 28 year old female that gets ear infections about 10-12 times a year. I've had an ear infection for about 2 months now, it will not go away. I took a full course of antibiotics (Cipro) and it helped a lot but now I have green puss coming out, I have completely lost my hearing in the ear, and liquid drains from it everyday. This has been going on for two weeks!

I don't have medical insurance, so I went to the emergency room and they did not consider it an emergency, told me to make an appt. but I would have to pay. I am currently unemployed so I don't know what to do.

I have penicillin, should I take it? But Cipro is stronger and if that didn't work, penicillin probably won't work either. Any idea what the problem is?

Thanks in advance =O

Favorite Answer

my son use to get alot of ear infections as a baby if ur ear is draining liquids that means your body has built up an immunity to cipro and you need a different medicine probably something more strong then either peniccilin or cipro you really should apply for medicaid or find a dr tgat does a sliding scale fee based on income because you can lose your hearing from repeated ear infections from damage of the inner ear

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Ear Infection with green puss!!!?

I am a 28 year old female that gets ear infections about 10-12 times a year. I've had an ear infection for about 2 months now, it will not go away. I took a full course of antibiotics (Cipro) and it helped a lot but now I have green puss coming out, I have completely lost my hearing in the ear, and...

Source(s): ear infection green puss: https://shortly.im/c0kZS

It sounds to me like you have a bacterial infection and that you need antibiotics ear drops. Your ear canal is close to your brain, your infection sounds pretty involved, the green pus indicating a bacterial infection. You may want to go to another hospital's ER to have someone else look at you. An infection so close to the brain leaves you vulnerable for meningitis.

You should apply for Medicaid. If you are not eligible for Medicaid you will get a denial letter and then you can apply for the Family Health Plus in your state. This program goes by your income. The next time you go to the emergency room ask if they have facilitated enrollers for the County Programs. The hospital corporation I work for has this for uninsured patients. It helps the patient by helping them acquire affordable health care and helps the hospital collect revenue.

There is a wide range of income to monthly payment ratios for the Family Health Plus program and the monthly rates are reasonable. Most don't come with dental insurance, but at least you would be able to go to the doctor and gyn.

If you are not eligible for any insurance help, you can contact the hospitals call center or billing department and ask if you can set up an affordable payment plan.

Good Luck!

Source(s): I bill outpatient Medicaid and Gold Choice (Medicaid HMO) for a major hospital network.

A doctor visit would be cheaper cost than ER, You could damage or lose your hearing in that ear permanently if not taken care of.

In the meantime get a dropper and a cup with really warm tap water, put some peroxide in it (just a splash of peroxide to a little warm water in a cup) and drop the liquid into your ear to clean it out, you will hear fizzing and popping take place, keep head tilted and liquid in the ear until the fizzing calms, repeat this until your ear feels better and clear.

See if this helps get the infection cleared up some.

It works wonders for impacted wax, ear infections, clogged ears, it is amazing how great you feel afterwords.

• Saucy

Untreated ear infections is going to cost you a LOT more than your hearing if you don't get them under control. You probably need to get tubes put in your ears. Work out a payment plan with a hospital or get some medical insurance quick. Leaving that infection untreated can cause permanent damage to your hearing, mastoiditis, meningitis and all other sorts of issues.

If you've had that many ear infections, you should be seeing an ENT... not just the walk-in physicians. You really need to find out if you can get aid or some sort of insurance, because this condition can get serious.

Source(s): Audiology student

I have a son, Joey Niceforo, who is a young 27 year old tenor, with a group called "DESTINO" recording in Vancouver Bc, Canada.

For the last few weeks Joey has had a cold. Just a few days ago he developed an ear ache, a swollen ear and loss of hearing. He was diagnosed with serous otitis media (middle ear infection).

The major concern we have is that Joey and the Group DESTINO have been booked to open the Marie Osmond show in Disney World on April 3,

Have a quick remedy for our son??

Joey's ear got better just before flying.

He also got the special ear plugs for flying, and arrived in Florida, from Vancouver, on April 1st. On April 2nd he told us the ear was almost 100 percent, and he will, with the other, great DESTINO tenors be performing, in the COLORADO BALL ROOM DISNEY WORLD tonight at 7 pm.

This help was so effective, and helpful, to our young Canadian tenor, Joey Niceforo. I'm sure this input and therapy advice will, and has helped others.