Is it okay to wear a white print dress to a wedding?

The dress has a white base with red, orange and black floral designs. There is actually less white visible than other colours, but I know only the bride should wear white - does this count for patterns too?

Favorite Answer

A white PRINT dress is fine. You would not want to wear all white or almost all white or a light pale cream that would be almost all white out of respect for the bride. Other colors or prints are fine. Also in the wedding party and close family the mother of the bride gets to choose her color of her dress and the others should choose another color. These old traditions are quaint and sweet, though not always regarded today. I think they are respectful and we go to a wedding to show respect and love and goodwill to the newly weds and their family.

Source(s): Traditions, my years of living. I'm a grandmother.

It should be fine. The 'white dress' rule is there so that you don't show up the bride, but in such a patterned dress it shouldn't really count. If you are really worried, you can always ask the bride, but unless she is incredibly picky, she won't have a problem.

xoxoxo

Unless you take the spotlight away from the bride, anything you wear will be OK.

• maya

it's okay to wear white! I mean your dress covers mostly the white colour and the coloured flowers appear, right?

So, in my opinion, there's nothing wrong with what you want to wear!

I also think that wearing whatever it is you want to wear is way better than wearing BLACK! lolz...

Goodluck! ^__^

definately! hey if the dress makes u look great then why not. :D

of course!!!! i did it was white with red outline it was BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

Source(s): me!!!

NO NO NO! that is the most disrespectful thing ever! please dont.