Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Hajj and Umra are become a good business in Saudi Arabia.?

Don't you know that in India alone a person who want to go in Medina and Mecca will pay a minimum of 10,000 SAUDI Riyals. We are talking one person only. And according to statistic, there are more than a one million people will go Medina and Mecca every month. Just imagine even a 10% revenue they will get 1,000 Saudi Riyals for one person on which you will get 1.00 Trillion Saudi Riyals Every Month WOW.

That's a good business really.....

Update:

Mintee thats not the point. We are talking here the right of people to do what is for God not to put business from it. Will okay let say at least you have to make revenue for maintenance and expansions. The sad facts is pilgrims have no right to select accomodation, food, transfortations and other basic services, it is all controlled by the Saudi Government on which pilgrims have too much complained for the bad services they encountered. Is it the services should be equal to the money they pay for it? but i guess it's not.

So purely what i see here is business and not for God,

Update 2:

Mintee thats not the point. We are talking here the right of people to do what is for God not to put business from it. Will okay let say at least you have to make revenue for maintenance and expansions. The sad facts is pilgrims have no right to select accomodation, food, transfortations and other basic services, it is all controlled by the Saudi Government on which pilgrims have too much complained for the bad services they encountered. Is it the services should be equal to the money they pay for it? but i guess it's not.

So purely what i see here is business and not for God.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Mintee
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

do you know what it would take to house a half billion people in one city for a week? the taxing on the all the electricity, water, plumbing, food, etc... the trafficking of people to and fro, the gas, the taxis, the buses, the hotels, not the least of which the trash system... This is a horrendous under taking.. someone somewhere has to pay for all this.. Do you think it gets done magically free?

beleive me.. we normal Saudi citizens see nothign of this income.. its gone in a second by the utilities companies..

all we see is the mess after everyone leaves.. and the illnesses all the hajjis bring into our country, cause they are not concerned with vaccinating themselves... Every year we Saudi's have to go through a mandate vaccination just to keep us from catching what all those people brought to us...

• 1 decade ago

Most of the cost is in the flying tickets i guess...but u can imagine how many people want to go...and the cost differs according to the year timing..

if any body is gaining, they will be the travel agencies arranging the visit...i don't think the government take direct money,but the continuous visitors ensures a strong economy,

The amount of money spent by the government on mecca and madina services is enormous

• 1 decade ago

money should not be involve in religion. its becoming a good business in the region because some foreigners who want toperformn hajj and umra has other motives, first is to perform this religious activities and second, to hide in saudi for a greener pasture. that is why saudi arabia isimposingg these amount for anybody who can pay. some hajj performer is scaping from the saudi authority to look for a good job in saudi arabia since they know that looking for a job in that country is easy especially when you are muslim - although theres still a discrimination in muslims

• 1 decade ago

Yes the saudis are exploiting this.. they are horrible people. And they are making travelers pay more just so they can build an amusement park near by the kaaba.....

and they call themselves muslims by ripping people off.....

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Yay Saudis are getting rich. Now they can help poor countries.

• 1 decade ago

I know, and I'm ashamed!!!

It's God's land, why would they charge for it?!

they say its for organizing the hajj

oh well...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.