Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 decade ago

What do you college football fans think about Sylvester Croom resigning today at Miss.State? More below.?

I believed he was forced out because of the instant success of Houston Nutt at Ole Miss and the fans and boosters panicked and wanted him out of there. He won 8 games last year but people forget that. It is not like Mississippi State is Oklahoma or USC or something. I don't know who they are going to get better than Sly Croom. Let me know your thoughts

Favorite Answer

I think it absolutely sucks. I am proud to say that I was one of the lucky people that got to meet and talk with him. He is an amazing guy. I am sad to see him leave. Last year LSU whooped our ***, then at the end of the year, we came back to kick UM's ***, and win the liberty bowl. That showed me that anything is possible. I hope that he can do as much for another team as he has done here.

Was a little surprised. I'm not a fan or in that market so not sure of all the details. I remembered last year when Nutt went to Ole Miss, does seem rather quick. Don't know. Boomer Sooner though, OU is the best.

Like the answer before I'm not from that market but I heard Croom acted in haste and he was frustrated at the lack of offense in his tenure. Not sure if he was forced out but he should have waited a week before making his decision so quickly

It is rather sad. I believe they were on the right track. Then again this is the SEC. Most schools in the Conference are big on results. That being said, Croom will land on his feet back in a coordinator spot, possibly with a solid program.

He has a losing record consistently, last year being a unique exception, and hasn't been able to recruit. Whether anybody in the world could recruit top kids to play in Starkville is the always open question.

I'll be glad to give them Orgeron's digits. haha

HOTTY TODDY!!!!!!!!!