Does A Secret Society Reflect An Evil Society?

Why are some Christians so intolerant of Freemasonry and link it with evil? So many people criticize Freemasonry based on the misinformation our there, and they have never been Masons, nor do they have any idea what it really is about.

Pirate, yes, I'm aware that it's not a "SS," I only worded it that way because that is how many people refer to Masonry by rote.

T.V., the illuminati refers to groups of real and fictitious societys and is primarily aimed towards Bavarian Society during the Enlightenment era around 1776. Freemasonry has roots in the Old Testament and can be read about in the OT.

It is not required that one must be a Christian in order to be a Mason. One does not achieve salvation through freemasonry. It is only required that one believe in a supreme being to be a mason.

Gabriel, every fraternity has things that it doesn't share with the general public. College frats, or whatever. having something only known to members is what sets a frat apart from others. As a child, we've all started "clubs" and came up with passwords that you had to know to get in a treehouse or something. Totally harmless, and this is basically what goes on in freemasonry. I know because I am a mason.

Heather, I can see you've feed into the misinformation out there. I am a 32nd degree Mason, and there is NOTHING satanic about it. Satan is never mentioned by his name or any other nickname in a lodge. Whoever said so doesn't know what they're talking about and just making up stuff. You have to be a mason in order to know what it's about.

Jetflyin, I will write you personally and share some information with you.

Hi Gabriel, I will respond to you directly.

Favorite Answer

Bro. Sean - the only answer I can offer is fear and ignorance.

Mythos - Albert Pike was a man. Nothing more. He authored "Morals and Dogma" which is *his* interpretation of the symbolism of Masonry and the Scottish Rite (which is an adjunct body and has no authority over Masonry.) One man's interpretation. Nothing more. I could point out the teachings of Rev. Jim Jones. Is that an authoritative view of Christianity? Same thing.

Heather - Mr. Schnoebelen is a charlatan of the worst order and has been proven time and again to be a liar who can't keep his stories straight. Here is all the information you need on Mr. Schnoebelen: http://www.masonicinfo.com/schnoebelen.htm And before you jump to point out that this is a site owned by a Mason, keep in mind that this is irrelevant when the data supplied is true, accurately documented, objective, and based on Schnoebelen's own claims.

Source(s): I am a Master Mason

We've seen what secret meetings lead to; a greater cult mentality. Astrology cults, 'temple ritual' cults, they're all the same. Freemasonry is generally the least of the Christian worries, since many Christians also profess to be Freemasons. In fact, I know several Masons who attend church regularly and believe in the God of the Bible, and His Son Jesus Christ. But the Masonic lodges and their secret conventions are only serving to raise more speculation over what they're hiding from non-members, so they have nobody to blame but themselves.

**I wasn't trying to sound too critical of the Masons, because I believe there are much worse 'secret societies' out there who are actively trying to spread blasphemous ideologies. But, also bear in mind that when we were kids and only allowing 'members' into our treehouses, there were most like some kids who spread rumors about us out of sheer spite. And even then, some of those rumors may have actually been true.

Freemasonry is not a secret society and hasn't been one since around 1726. It is a society with "secrets". I'm not sure what set off some churches or evangelists on Masonry, possibly it was because lodges are likely to be in many towns while real evil is much harder to find and potentially more dangerous.

Look up Bill Schnoebelen for info. Freemasonry conflict's with Christianity because their god is Lucifer(fallen angle, god of this world, Satan) All beliefs other than Christianity have some form of occultism. Allah, the Moon god, Mormon's, Jehovah's Witness's show Christ as an angle. Christ claimed tobe God and will come back to clain Earth again but right now Satan has claim. So look out, only one way out.Saved by the blood of Christ or not. over 300 prophecies have been fullfilled. Look out he's coming. Are you ready?????

stable and evil for a society is in spite of if or no longer a man or woman's strikes are unfavorable to the society. This evaluate of folk's strikes ensue in courts primary. So sure, society reflects upon an persons stable and evil and acts to that end.

Must be all those Masonic symbols that have ancient roots in Egyptian mystery schools, would be my guess.

Masonry has also been linked with the Illuminati which is most definitely Luciferian in its doctrines and beliefs. In fact, there are many Luciferian priests in the Vatican itself who are members of universal Masonry and are anywhere from the 30th to 33rd degree of Masonry.

Ever read anything by Albert Pike?

What was the question again?

Source(s): Edit @ Matt - Albert Pike also wrote "If Lucifer were not God, would Adonay calumniate him? Yes, Lucifer is God." How, exactly, would you like for me to interpret this? As for Jim Jones, he was a Jesuit trained priest- hardly a compelling analogy to Christianity. Hardly the "same thing".

My one question would be, Why is it so difficult to find any information about the Free Masons? A secret society does not imply evil, but why the secrecy?

I believe that the secrecy of any society draws fear from people. It is the unknown that scares people and subjects that society to raised eyebrows as to the possibility of it being evil.

cos their not true christians. Their insecure clones who envy the comradeship, companionship and fraternity of belonging to a select secret society.

Source(s): clu clux clan member

No not necessarily but look at it like this when you have nothing to hide you can reveal yourself openly christians are not a secretive but we all should respect everyone