Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsVolleyball · 1 decade ago

4-2 Volleyball Rotation!?!?!?!?

I am just learning the rotations and i am SO CONFUSED! We have two setters and four hitters. Please ... any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance!

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Well the basic rotation for a 4-2 would have the setters always opposite each other in the line up. That way when one setter rotates to the serving position (back row) the other setter comes to the front row to be the new setter.

Now when in the front row, your coach may want the setter to always switch to middle so they can set the right side and left side. This too is a basic line up. After the serve the setter will move to the middle front and the middle player will go to where the setter was. The line up must be kept the same before each serve so the players need to go back to their original spots after each point and stay until the ball is served for the next point.

When you go to back row, your coach might want the best defensive player to switch to middle back as well. They must follow the same line up rules too. As soon as the ball is contacted by the server you can change spots. Just remember where you started before the play because you will need to go back to that spot after the play.

Rotation is the same...after a point is scored and your team wins the serve the entire team moves one spot (clockwise) around the court.

Hope that helps...

Hey VBALL BABE....First of all just for your knowledge and so you don't make a fool of yourself talking about these things in the future. A 4-2 is the basic volleyball setup when no one comes from the back row to set. You have one setter in front row and two hitters. After you play that for awhile and move up from beginner VB a coach can run a 6-2 with the setter coming from the back row and utilizing all 3 front row players as hitters.

Source(s): Former USAV "AA" player Former USAV - USVBA referee Former Junior College coach Former High School coach
  • ?
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

4-2 Volleyball Rotation

• 1 decade ago

ok

4-2 is when there are 2 setters that set from the FRONT row. The setters never get to hit in this rotation because they are always setting when they're in the front row, therefore making there be only 4 hitters.

6-2 is when there are 2 setters that set from the BACK row. Since the setters are setting from the back, they get to hit when they get to the front, therefore making there be 6 hitters.

5-1 is when there is only 1 setter who sets all the way around. Obviously she never hits, so there are only 5 hitters.

Hope I helped! :)

Source(s): I'm a setter
  • 5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

4-2 Volleyball Rotation!?!?!?!?

I am just learning the rotations and i am SO CONFUSED! We have two setters and four hitters. Please ... any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance!

Source(s): 4 2 volleyball rotation: https://biturl.im/FjRFI
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

first off its called a 6-2 not a 4-2 but anyways u cant have four hitters because u can only have 3 hitters up in the front... so say u are in the back row and u are setting then u get to the front row and u hitt....

u should probably ask your coach

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

just have your coach and you do a session just you and her and have them help learn them because they are really important

it took me a long time to figure it out two

don' t worry

• 1 decade ago

if the other team messes up the serve,then your team rot8s and then serve

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.