i want to go to Mankato state university what are the standards or minium ?

whats the minimum gpa

whats the minimum class rank

anything else i should know?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Mankato State University? In Minnesota? They renamed that school, you know. It is now called Minnesota State University- Mankato and you can find all of the information online at the address below.

• 1 decade ago

I don't mean this to be smart-alek, but why don't you ask Mankato State? No one else is going to know for certain. Even if a former or present student of that school tells you, the standards may very well have changed. You could try online, but I imagine you will have to contact the university yourself.

• 1 decade ago

Admission requirements vary depending on whether you are applying as a first year undergraduate student, transfer student, international student, or graduate student.

Guaranteed Admission:

* If you rank in the Top 50% of your high school class and have met the College Preparation Requirements, you will be admitted to Minnesota State University, Mankato.

* If you do not rank in the Top 50% of your high school class, but have achieved an ACT composite score of 21 or better, met the College Preparation Requirements, and have a satisfactory class rank, you will be admitted to Minnesota State University, Mankato.

* If you do not meet the above admission requirements, your application will be reviewed for admission on the strength of your college preparation course work, grade point average, probability of success, academic progression as well as class rank and ACT test scores. Supplemental information may also be requested before an admission decision is made.

All students must submit an ACT score prior to enrollment. MSU, Mankato is not requiring the Writing portion of the ACT.

Students graduating from high school in 2005 and after are subject to preparation requirements.

College Preparation Standards:

* English: 4 years.

* Mathematics: 3 years. Requires two years of algebra and one year of geometry.

* Science: 3 years. At least one course must be in a biological science and one in physical science. All courses should include laboratory experiences.

* Social Studies: 3 years. At least one course or its equivalent in US history and one in geography are required.

* World Language: 2 years of the same language.

* World Culture or The Arts: 1 year. World Culture courses are non-language courses which teach about other cultures, provide a global perspective, and foster an understanding of other cultures. Appropriate art courses include music, drama, survey, and visual arts courses.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.