krjnr asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 1 decade ago

computer virus - recently downloaded the most awesome virus ever, & I cant get on the internet to down?

I recently downloaded the most awesome virus ever, and I cant even get on the internet to download something to fix it. When I try to get on the internet the browser window should read google (my homepage) but instead it reads "www.virtigger.com" And a balloon in the bottom right hand corner keeps poping up saying this,"system alert: maleware threatsbackdoor trojan" Do you know any tricks I could try

Best Answer

Re-boot in safe mode

or

Boot up in normal mode. diconnect the ethernet cable and run a virus scan.

If this fails then i doubt you will have to re-format your computer.

Hope this helps.

• kea

First, i'm a working laptop or pc tech. interior the ten years that i've got been working with desktops I easily have had in basic terms one virus and it got here from a chum's digital mail. So, as you are able to tell, this is achieveable to artwork with the internet and not get viruses while you're careful. an identical regulations have been in consequence for some years, and if accompanied you are able to stay quite secure. do no longer open information or e-mails from human beings or places which you do no longer understand. in no way click on a pop up window. Run a sturdy anti virus software and use it. Run a sturdy anti undercover agent ware software and use it. save your Microsoft working device as much as this point. superb approach is to have vehicle updates grew to become on. Now for Macs. They get viruses like the different pc. If that's related to the information superhighway, it at risk of attack. i've got wiped sparkling many viruses out of Macs. Oh, one extra ingredient. i've got acquire hundreds of issues from the information superhighway devoid of having contaminated. you only could be careful. And test each acquire with your anti virus software. in case you do no longer understand how, it straight forward. when you have downloaded a document, and formerly you execute that document, top click on it and choose "test with" your anti virus software.

download the setup files for Malwarebytes' anti-malware and SUPERanti-spyware on a USB drive on your friends computer. Then go to your computer, boot into safe mode. (Tap F8 on your keyboard when windows starts.) Then you need to install the two programs using the setup files from your USB drives. Make sure you selected "Safe mode with networking" so you can update these programs. Then do a full scan with each program one after the other. This should solve your problem. :)

Well, go on an alternative computer. Download AVG and all a few professional free adware and spyware programs.

Go back to the other PC. (DISCONNECT IT FROM THE INTERNET! TAKE OUT ANY CONNECTIONS CONNECTED)

Then istall the programs. Be patient, and run the programs several times.

Delete all the programs that you installed (virus ones)

Why would you download a virus in the first place???!!!

Try Malwarebytes and my advice to you is never download something that way harm or slow down your computer and use Firefox.

yep reboot to an earlier date like before the virus was downloaded, and start the computer in safe mode with networking capabilities, if you can get on the internet download spybot search and destroy, its free and it works like a charm.

Source(s): me

try rebooting the computer to safe mode with connections and try to download an antivirus system. Then update it and run the scan.

Try How to restore Windows XP to a previous state? Press here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306084

You may have to take your comp. to a Professional to be reformatted .

Source(s): Experence