What is the best Time Deposit rate in Phlippine Bank?

I want to ask an idea regarding Time Deposit in any Bank, example BPI, Is time deposit a safe way to earn money? Time Deposit interest rate are confusing, example BPI, they are giving Time Deposit rates of 3.75% interest rate in 35 Days if you invest 50K to 200K Pesos. same rate if you choose 63 days,so if you... show more I want to ask an idea regarding Time Deposit in any Bank, example BPI, Is time deposit a safe way to earn money?

Time Deposit interest rate are confusing, example BPI, they are giving Time Deposit rates of 3.75% interest rate in 35 Days if you invest 50K to 200K Pesos. same rate if you choose 63 days,so if you invest 100K Pesos– you will get an interest of 3,750 Pesos after 35 Days?
4.0% if 91 and 182 Days and 4.25% if 364 Days, now I’m confuse with the rate of 4.25% in 364 Days,, does it mean you will get 4,250 Pesos only for 1 year from 100K pesos previously deposited? So if you got small amount for staying it in 364 days, it might be good if we choose 35 days basis at 3.75%.

here is the link for BPI rates at Nov.18-24, 2008: http://info.bpiexpressonline.com/bpiprod/produpd.nsf/Deposit+Rates/TimeDepositRates2

Any response soon very well appreciated.
Thank you very much.
Update: @jakeonline: Thanks for sharing your idea. For final Question; What do you think is the best way in a certain situation. You'll have 100,000 Pesos and you can deposit it for 2 years straight without withdrawing the interest for it to be compounded.., will you deposit it under Time Deposit of 35 Days with 3.75%... show more @jakeonline:
Thanks for sharing your idea. For final Question; What do you think is the best way in a certain situation. You'll have 100,000 Pesos and you can deposit it for 2 years straight without withdrawing the interest for it to be compounded.., will you deposit it under Time Deposit of 35 Days with 3.75% interest rate or in 364 Days with 4.25% interest rate?
3 answers 3