Rozy asked in Business & FinanceInsurance · 1 decade ago

Will my health insurance cover the ambulance bills?

I was recently involved in a car accident. On the scene of the accident my daughter needed medical help so someone called 911. Yesterday I received a bill for the ambulance. I was told that I will not be charged for this. Is it true? And since my car insurance already paid the amount that they are responsible for, will my health care insurance cover this charge? Please let me know as soon as you can.

Favorite Answer

You are responsible for the costs of emergency transport just as you are responsible for the costs of any health services provided. Your health insurance and/or your auto insurance may cover these charges, but there may be limits on how much of the charges they will cover.

Contact your insurers for further information.

Does Insurance Cover Ambulance

You WILL be charged for ambulance services and are responsible for paying it. Same thing goes for the hospital charges. Contact your insurance company to see if any part of it is covered.

Source(s): Been there, done that.

No idea. You'll have to call the number on the back of your card and ask.

Your DAUGHTER, if she's 18 or over, is responsible for it.

Call your agent and tell him that you have additional bills to submit. It should be covered.