Do you agree this is a beautiful song of praise "holy, holy, lord God Almighty (angus Dei) by Michael Smith? ?

This song can be heard on youtube.com It does not have alot of words, but I think it is a beautiful song of praise to a God who is worthy of all our praises. Do you Agree?

It is a beautiful song, why so many negative remarks? I guess I will never understand.

Favorite Answer

Yes, I think it is one of the most beautiful "old" praise songs that's ever been written. It's really beautiful song without any music with a building full of hundreds of people singing it. The spirit was definitely present and it was awesome.

I haven't heard Michael Smith singing it but it doesn't matter. If it's in praise to our Lord and it comes from the heart then it doesn't matter who is singing it or what it sounds like to us - it's what it sounds like to God.

Don't try to figure our those who have negative remarks. It's what's in a persons heart that means something to God. We aren't suppose to try and figure out others. We are only held accountable for what we ourselves do not for what others do. We are supposed to tell about God's love and if they are accepting then it's our job to help grow them up in the Lord otherwise we kick the dust off our feet and keep on going.

For those who believe it to be bull crap or those who have never heard of it or those who don't understand, it's called ignorance because they either don't believe, haven't taken the time to read God's word or they just don't care. In any case the one who said that he/she didn't understand praising God when he sent people to hell doesn't realize that God gave His all for the sins of people just like he/she that God knew wouldn't accept His only Son, Jesus Christ. And for their information God doesn't send anyone to hell, people send themselves when they refuse to believe in the one Savior who acutally went to hell, walked this earth as a man but was without sin and because of HIS LOVE for us was willing to allow man to torture him and be cruicified on a cross so that we wouldn't have to go to hell. All one has to do is believe, truly believe and Heaven is where that person will go. It's a person's choice. God doesn't chose for us. It's our choice whether or not we want to see Heaven or see Hell. So please don't go blaming God for the mistakes that we ourselves make. God already gave His all - what more do you want Him to give and what have we given????

Source(s): My own personal experience
  • David

Sorry, not a Michael W, Smith fan. The only Christian songwriter of any consequence to come out of West Virginia is Squire Parsons, Jr.

Source(s): JMO
  • ozzy

is that Angus the county in Scotland or the Aberdeen Angus,of black cattle. I think their as worthy as Brahma or Brahman Bull.as in bull crap!

Ya know I'm not a very religous person, but I'm partial to that "I am a friend of God" song. I didn't see a link here so I have no idea what you're talking about.

It's a beautiful song, no doubt. But I disagree a being who commits Genocide and sends people to an Eternal Hell is worthy of it.

Yes, it's a beauty . if you haven't ,go listen to 'I'll let my words be few ' by Phillips Craig and Dean . You won't be sorry .

I actually quite like that one. But having being raised Church of England, most hymns sound like funeral dirges, so that's refreshingly upbeat in tempo.

Yes that is sung everyday in the Catholic Mass and has been sung for centuries

I remember that song. It is from the Pentecostal playlist. I liked that song too.

Wow, that sounds just like a hymn sung in Catholic Church all over the world.... that's been sung since before he was even born.