When a baby is born, is he/she by default atheist? ?

I think this question is the key to the whole "Burden of Proof" question. From what I know, a baby is neither atheist or theist when he/she is born; the baby is ignorant or perhaps agnostic. The baby knows nothing about the concept of God. So, at some point the ignorant baby will be introduced to God, and over time... show more I think this question is the key to the whole "Burden of Proof" question. From what I know, a baby is neither atheist or theist when he/she is born; the baby is ignorant or perhaps agnostic. The baby knows nothing about the concept of God. So, at some point the ignorant baby will be introduced to God, and over time they will either have the choice to accept God, remain agnostic, or deny the existence of God.

Now this is just my analysis. It may not be the truth, which is why I asked this question. But ASSUMING my logic is true:

So if the default position of a person is agnostic, then don't both atheists and theists share the burden of proof? Atheists deny the possibility of a God and Theists are fully convinced of the existence of God. Thus, in my opinion, theists must prove God exists, and likewise, Atheists must prove why God doesn't exist. REMEMBER, there are not two choices here; there are three. You can either deny the existence of God, you can be agnostic, or can accept God. Agnostic is the default position. The other two are deviants.

Traditional logic tells us that the burden of proof is on the positive claim. I think this is where it gets confusing. The negative claim in this case is not atheism, it is agnosticism. Atheism is also a positive claim, as is theism. Thus, they both share the burden of proof.

Please, I want serious answers only. This is just something I've been thinking of lately.

Discuss.