How do you feel when you open a church bulletin and ads fall out for books, magazines, commercial events?

Do you think, "This is an active group" and "I'm glad to know this," or would you rather concentrate on worship? Where's the right place and time for ads? The announcement period? Bulletin board? Newsletter? All of the above? (Help! I'm the bulletin person.)

Favorite Answer

All of the above. I didn't post this just to get two points. Spread it around. If anyone complains, it is necessary for the church to do to pay for things and besides, what's the problem? We all need to know what is going on around us and in the community. No need to be Nazis.

That would disturb me. We are surrounded by commercialism, and I don't believe that it has any place in the House of God. To a lesser degree, it reminds me of when Jesus cleared the money changers out of the temple. It is the only time in the Bible that Jesus became physical toward an adversary, and that should tell us the severity of the offense. Perhaps in a newsletter. If the bulletin board is in church, I would say no to that as well. But definitely not in the bulletin.

I personally despise it. A time of worship is not a time for a stream of advertisements. We are bombarded with ads during all aspects of our lives, one time during the week I'd like to not be faced with it.

A bulletin board, newsletter or e-mail newsletter is a more appropriate forum for ads.

Madison highway on the foot of the flow or according to danger published in basic terms below the sign that Pilate had nailed there. i've got everyday some church homes who've had their sermons and centers subsidized by skill of "Christian" companies. Yeah. The blood gets extra low-fee each and every of the time does not it?

• Brad H

The same way I feel when I see churches having car washes, garage sales, and bake sales. Also, having concerts and selling tickets to them. It's not God's way of financing a church.

Tithes and offerings are the only way to finance a church.

If I were you I would just stick to worship. I mean there's ads everywhere now so church bullrtins are a good place to just stick with worship.

Source(s): God bless you!
  • julz

Like the church has offered itself up for sale to any business with an advertising dollar.

it just shows what I've suspected for years - churches are a business. And it's about time the government started taxing them.

Don't give it another thought.