I get chest pain - feels like my heart - and heartburn medicine doesn't help. What could this be?

Every once in a while, nowadays more and more often, and today the worst it's been in a long time, I get this uncomfortable pain right where my heart is. Sometimes it feels like a weight, just a heavy uncomfortable feeling. It gets worse if I twist certain ways, e.g. if I twist my torso to the left it hurts really bad and feels as if my heart starts pounding against my chest. With each heart beat there's a jolt of pain until I move back to a regular position. Even in a sitting / resting position there's a pain there. I tried heartburn medicine but that doesn't seem to be the problem.

Today it woke me from sleep and I was unable to go back to sleep because of it. This is the longest it has lasted (it's been about 4-5 hours).

I should have mentioned - I'm a 20 / m

• Pedro
    Favorite Answer

Go to a doctor, it could be anything from a bad ulcer to torn tissue to a heart attack, albeit a weird one.

1

Source(s): Holistic Acid Reflux Secrets : http://HeartburnNoMore.duebq.com/?eeP

2

Source(s): Cure Acid Reflux http://renditl.info/AcidRefluxUltimateCure

Have you explained these chest pains to your doctor? I think you should and get them checked out. Also get a more recent blood pressure reading and see if your doctor will do an ECG on your heart to put your mind at rest. Very likely, it is nothing to do with your heart. It could just be acid reflux, which is a common cause of these kind of symptoms. Some foods cause this more than others. So when you get these pains, ask yourself what you ate earlier. I know you admit you should lose weight. I have just lost 2.5 stones and feel much better for the experience. Just take it easy, losing small amounts of weight regularly. Get some digital scales and take your weight every morning before you get dressed to see how you are getting on. Good luck!

Chronic heartburn is usually from acid reflux - stomach acid is getting past the little valve and into your esophagus. You also should know some natural ways to treat your heartburn. Learn them here https://bitly.im/aMCDY

The most immediate thing you can do is to stop drinking coffee and cola. Smoking is not good either, but that might be harder to stop. Don't over-eat. Don't lie down too soon after eating. Don't burp too much - this carries acid up with the burp.

heartburn the most common symptom of acid reflux disease (also known as gastroespohageal reflux disease, or GERD). Heartburn feels like a burning pain in the center of the chest. It is caused by acid from the stomach backing up into the esophagus. is a symptom of acid reflux disease (GERD) Also known as Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease

it could be anxiety or it could very well be a mild heart attack or even a torn muscle around the heart wall the best thing for you to do is go see a heart doctor and they will rule out any issues with your heart chest pain is nothing to play around with

If medicine for heartburn isn't working you need to go to the er. Good Luck!

YOU NEED TO GET SEEN RIGHT WAY ANY PAIN IS NOT GOOD PAIN AN HAVE YOU TRIED INDIGESTION MEDICATION MYLANTA HELPS THE BEST FOR THAT IF IT DOESN'T HELP GET SEEN ASAP ALSO DOES ANY OF YOUR LIMBS FEEL DIFFERENT ANY BLURRED VISION OR CONFUSION WELL GET SEEN ASAP OR CALL 719 444 CARE ITS A NURSE HOT LINE

Source(s): EMERGICARE WALK IN CENTER'S MA

Schedule an appointment with your doctor.

You won't get an accurate diagnosis on here. Go to your doctor and speak to her or him.