Car Dome light Stays on after you close the door and the switich by the dash dimmer switch is off.?

My wife car Dome light stay on after you close the door and the dimmer switch is off so the light comes off. I turn the key to start the car the light comes off but after I turn off the engine and get out of the car and close the door the light stays on.

I can not find the door button on the door frame or anywhere that would turn off the light...

She has a 04 Ford Taurus. Most cars I know or have seen have a button on the car frame that goes in when you close the door but I can not seem to find it on her door.

If anyone can help me I would very much appreciate it. She said that this started happening this morning.

If you would like more information please reply or have any suggestions.

I have looked for the button and where if could be not there is not a space for it. I was wondering if it could be in the door latch.

We have had the car fora few years and this is the first time it has happened.

• Pat S
    Best Answer

Try pushing on the light itself. In many vehicles you can turn the light off and on by lightly pushing it in.

I have a 96 Taurus and have the same problem once and a while.

If you have been having door handle problems, like I have, make sure the outside handle is oushed in all the way. The door ajar light should be on the dash if the door handle is not closed right.

I do have a timer on my dome light which stays on for about 30 seconds. It does turn off when I start the car.

If all else fails pull the bulb out and stick it in the glove box until the problem is corrected.

Good luck.

Wait one minute after the door is closed.

My Camaro dome light is timed. Maybe yours is too??

If it still stays on, check to make sure ALL the other doors are closed all the way.

Is it possible the button broke off and that's why it's hard to find?