Car Dome light Stays on after you close the door and the switich by the dash dimmer switch is off.?

My wife car Dome light stay on after you close the door and the dimmer switch is off so the light comes off. I turn the key to start the car the light comes off but after I turn off the engine and get out of the car and close the door the light stays on. I can not find the door button on the door frame or... show more My wife car Dome light stay on after you close the door and the dimmer switch is off so the light comes off. I turn the key to start the car the light comes off but after I turn off the engine and get out of the car and close the door the light stays on.

I can not find the door button on the door frame or anywhere that would turn off the light...

She has a 04 Ford Taurus. Most cars I know or have seen have a button on the car frame that goes in when you close the door but I can not seem to find it on her door.

If anyone can help me I would very much appreciate it. She said that this started happening this morning.

If you would like more information please reply or have any suggestions.
Update: I have looked for the button and where if could be not there is not a space for it. I was wondering if it could be in the door latch.

We have had the car fora few years and this is the first time it has happened.