Whould it be wise for obama supporters not to count on him following through on any campaign promises?

chg

• Best Answer

Yes!

Historically presidents only follow through on approximately 25% of their campaign promises.

Typically, they hope to do all of them, that's why they promise...and then they find out that getting things done in Washington is a lot like breeding elephants....

It takes place with a great deal of roaring and screaming.

It takes place at a high level.

It takes two years to get results.

I'm sure most of them mean well, but no president can just walk in and do whatever they want, no matter how well meaning.

And Obama is no different. I hope he can do some of the things he promises, but after looking at past presidents, both Democrat and Republican, I just really don't expect it.

It is wise for all voters to remember that most politicians don't keep their campaign promises. Bush and the Kyoto agreement or Bush and "no nation building". If you think this is something different about Obama, you haven't been paying attention for the last 200 years.

The best any of us can hope for is to get a person who thinks like we do in the most part into the White House and then hope he can get the things passed that we wanted.

No because I can guarantee you he'll keep a lot more promises than Bush ever did. He has more challenges to face than any other president in the history has had to when coming into office. I'm not just talking about the fact that he's the first black president either.

• grob

Not as wise as it would be for us not to count on John McCain following through on any of his campaign promises come Jan 20th.

Yes.

He doesn't have much experience so he most likely doesn't have a lot of knowledge on whats he's doing.

they really care less what the guy can or cannot do, as long as they are in power. and to think that they are supposedly the smart one .

One of the wisest decisions of their adult life.

I don't think they would care much if he beaks all of his promises.

as long as a dems in. sad.