_A_YAHOO_USER asked in SportsCricket · 1 decade ago

Do you use lol,rofl,imo,idk,... while actually speaking?

CQ-Who was Shane Warne's first coach/mentor?

not while typing on the internet,while speaking

(with mouth:D) in real life

I hv used lol and rofl........lol

Best Answer

Out of lol,rofl,imo,idk..........

I know idk means I don't know but I won't use idk.I would better say I don't know.

I actually don't know what rofl & imo really means,so,I don't use it at all.

But,

I use lol very much.I use it more while chatting than in y!a but I use it quite often.

EDIT

In real life also,I have used lol & lol only!

& I think your CQ has been answered-Jenner!

• Sarah

No, I can honestly say that I have never (and would never) speak using internet acronyms outside of the internet while actually speaking to someone. An internet acronym is there to substitute for emotions when you're unable to express them in person. If you're talking with someone face to face then there's no need to use such acronyms because the paralinguistic features of communication are on display in the way you say something (whether they be the verbal elements and intonation of your voice or the facialexpressionss you use while talking).

I think it would be pretty strange if you did employ internet acronyms in every day speech, why for example would you say you were laughing when the recipient communicator can clearly see and hear you laughing? It'd be a bit pointless really.

Not sure about Shane Warne's first coach/mentor.

OMG, WTF!! LMAO!! LOL!! what a question :P

I can safely say that i have NEVER said LOL, LMAO, ROFL, IDK when i have talked to another human being.

Basically LOL, LMAO etc means to laugh!! and i would much rather laugh then say LOL (where would the world be without laughter!). Although i have to admit that, i do overuse the shortcuts on here. Infact sometimes i just talk in shortcuts and that's it.

Ive said I don't know before of course :) but never IDK.

OMG actually i'm wrong!! I do use AFK a lot when speaking (AFK means away from keyboard lol) i tend to say it a lot in my IT class at college.

CQ- Actually Terry Jenner WASN'T Shane Warne's first coach/mentor. Warne attended the Australian cricket academy at about 18 or 19, and there he met his first coach. Warne and the coach had a terrible relationship, and Warne used to delibrately try and get under the nose of that coach.

(Sorry i can't remember his name)

Source(s): Star

No, never, when I talk i normally say the whole expression, but i use them a lot on forums and stuff....i said lol once while speaking...and it was hilarious...sounded sooo weird!!

• Yes! Its the new way of saying things now. I do it all the time at school with my friends. I usually say lol, lmao, cbf, wtf.

CQ, yes it was Jenner.

• вєи

lol.

No way. People will lol@me then

Ans to CQ: I think it's Jenner

No i talk normal half the time i don't use those short hand terms anyways while on here, half the time i don't know what they mean i suppose that means that i am dumb i guess

Lol. No. Those are just shortforms, so that you don't have to type out the entire thing.

Was that Terry Jenner?

Ummm...no.

For some reason I don't even use it in here. IN MY OPINION, I think it's silly.

I know Terry Jenner coached him but I DON"T KNOW if he was his first coach. LAUGH OUT LOUD!!

Maybe it would come in handy...

• Bill P

The only one I know is LOL (little old ladies)