Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Jon Stewart vs. Stephen Colbert?

Who would win?

Best Answer

Their both out of a job come next year

I always find these Stewart vs. Colbert discussions a bit like Coke vs. Pepsi. I've noticed that, of people who are fans of both of them, most prefer one over the other.

I prefer Stewart. I think he is more consistently funny. Colbert is essentially a one-joke comedian. It's a very, very funny joke, but it's limited. One of his best routines was the one he performed at the White House dinner. I also am a big fan of the Even Stephvens segment he did on "The Daily Show" with Steve Carell; "Christianity vs. Islam" is one of the funniest bits I've ever seen.

Still, he seems very boxed in with his persona. Because he has to pretend to be a conservative when he's really making fun of conservatives, he can't ever talk in his own voice. Stewart is a kidder, but we get the feeling he's speaking honestly at least some the time. And that gives his routine more flexibility.

I really enjoy watching Jon Stewart. I've always found Stephen Colbert to be a joke. But who will win? Hm... not sure. If we're talking about a debate, I think Stephen Colbert because he always comes up with ridiculous things and stays stubborn throughout conversations.

Jon Stewart. Come on at least he talks about things in a realistic manner. I like him a lot better than Colbert other than the interviews.

Jon Stewart

• I like Stephen Colbert because Jon falls on his *** occasionally.

Jon Stewart, hands down.

In a debate? Are you asking who is funnier? Who we like the most?

Colbert is more laugh out loud humor, and Stewart is witty humor.

I enjoy watching them both for different reasons. Stewart's humor is more highbrow and Colbert's humor is more sarcastic.

Source(s): .

jon stewart. hes funny, he is also good with interviews and doesnt try to be overly funny when hes interviewing someone.

colbert just goes on and on and on and idnt really that funny

• in a fight, colbert. in comedy, colbert. hes got a betetr sense of humor, is a better interviewer, and doesnt force his narrow minded views on viewers of the show while he should be presenting fake news or comedy. stewart sucks lately. anyone with me here?