I need some information about Beth Moore!! PLEASE HELP?

i am doing an ABC biography and I need info about Beth Moore!!!

I need facts about her that start with v,x,y, &z!!!

THANKS

:)

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Beth Moore (born 1957) is the founder and best-known member of Living Proof Ministries, an evangelical organization for women based on biblical principles.

Born on an army base in Green Bay, Wisconsin and raised in Arkadelphia, Arkansas, where her father owned a cinema house, Beth is the fourth of five children, all of whom worked at the cinema from a young age. Moore holds a degree in political science from Southwest Texas State University and an honorary doctorate in humanities from Howard Payne University. She married Keith Moore in 1978 and has two daughters, Amanda (born ca. 1979) and Melissa (born ca. 1982). Amanda is married to Curtis Jones, and they have a son named Jackson (born ca. 2005). Melissa is currently attending seminary for a degree in Biblical exegesis.

Moore's ministry is based in Houston, Texas, and it primarily focuses on aiding women who desire to model their lives on evangelical Christian principles. The focus is on topics ranging from self-identity issues, drug/sexual addiction and abuse, with an evangelical Christian perspective on family life, marriage, homosexuality, and pre-marital sex.

Moore started off by speaking at luncheons and retreats, working at Mother’s Day Out, and teaching Christian aerobics. In 1994, Moore founded Living Proof Ministries with the stated purpose of: "teaching women how to love and live on God’s Word". She has written numerous books and Bible studies, including Breaking Free, Believing God, and When Godly People Do Ungodly Things, that have been read by women of all ages, races, and denominations. Through the years, American missionaries and expatriates have taken the Bible studies overseas, resulting in Beth Moore Bible study groups popping up all over the world. Moore's Living Proof Live conferences have taken her to thirty-nine states since 1994 and have been attended by more than 421,000 women. She has also taught conferences for women in numerous countries, including Ireland, England, Singapore, the Philippines, Puerto Rico, and India. She began a radio ministry in 2004 called Living Proof with Beth Moore.

Currently, Moore conducts "Living Proof Live" conferences and a radio show, Living Proof with Beth Moore. She appears as a regular on Life Today television, hosting Wednesdays with Beth. Moore still writes books based on the regular Bible studies that she conducts at her local church, Houston's First Baptist Church, and at "Living Proof Live Conferences," seminars that she holds in various US and international locales.

The son of one of her brothers is currently trying to become a writer with her help.

Moore was referenced by American Idol contestant Mandisa in her profile, which caused a backlash that some believe[citation needed] was behind Mandisa being eliminated from the competition. Mandisa had written that Moore "inspires me to live more like Jesus, and I want to do the same".[citation needed] Some saw this endorsement of Moore as being anti-gay, because of a story referenced in Moore's book Breaking Free and the links on her website to "ex-gay" groups, including Exodus International and Exodus Youth.

• 4 years ago

Beth Moore Biography

• ginzel
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Beth Moore Keith Moore

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.