Have you ever known anyone who has been converted/swayed by Yahoo Answers?

Just curious.

Just to be clear, I'm not knocking R&S in any way, I was just wondering.

Favorite Answer

Not really, but Yahoo! Answers Religion & Spritituality Section and the users I met here helped my realize that I had been an atheist all along. Learning and having discussions here helped me "come out" if you will. I was raised Catholic and never truly believed. This place just helped me accept it.

Honestly, I don't believe anyone with a firm belief one way or the other can truly be converted. I think only those who are either unsure or who have not admitted to themselves what they believe can be "swayed" for lack of better terms. It's really a matter of accepting what you already believe more so than it is being persuaded to believe something that you don't, in my opinion. I don't think it's possible to make yourself believe in something when you just...don't.

No, but then I have never personally evangelized anyone, either. If they are looking, each who answers a question or points the way, will have a part in the salvation of that soul, no matter who does the actual harvest. So, I'm sure there are, or will be. How do I know this? Because God assures us that no effort of ours shall come back void, so if our intention is someone's salvation, or their comfort, or whatever, God will see to the increase of that work, even if we do not witness it, even if we never know the outcome in the world.

I've had several people tell me that they didn't know what the word atheist meant until I explained it. I don't care what people choose to believe or not believe for themselves. I just want to make sure they're not presuming to know what I believe or don't.

If we could all agree on letting others define themselves it would be an epic milestone in human achievement.

Yes, I knew someone who was an Christian, then became an Atheist, and then became a Noahide.

He did his own research and came to his own conclusions, but had never heard of Noahides until he read some of my answers here on Y/A about it.

Source(s): me, Noahide. http://www.noahide.org

i am one who is swayed! but i was already converted.

Now you know!

you know someone who is swayed

• David

Nope, but I've been here less than a month. There is always hope.

Source(s): Christian
  • anon

no, God knows

but we are to defend the faith and let God do His will in every opportunity He gives us

• DS

No.