Pool pump frozen, please help me troubleshoot it.?

Hi electrical experts (Scubabob, are you there?) Now my pool motor is frozen just a few weeks after installing my new booster motor (which still works but was running all alone for a week while I've been gone) Anyway, for troubleshooting pool pump motor I have this info: 230v 1.5hp replaced it new summer 08... show more Hi electrical experts (Scubabob, are you there?) Now my pool motor is frozen just a few weeks after installing my new booster motor (which still works but was running all alone for a week while I've been gone)
Anyway, for troubleshooting pool pump motor I have this info:
230v 1.5hp replaced it new summer 08 although it is 15 yrs in storage
timer fine, relay works, capacitor appears to hold charge, nothing in impeller but shaft won't turn without me using a wrench. Gets very hot and then breaker switch trips. what can I check now? possible reasons? heard pumps don't die easily so usually capacitor but appears fine so now what? Thanks in advance experts!
Update: note, when I turn it on it makes a high humming noise and the impeller moves very slightly (mm's) and then within minutes the circuit breaker flips and the motor is very hot. Hope this tells you something. Remember, this pump worked for months now fine and I did not change any connections. It also worked with... show more note, when I turn it on it makes a high humming noise and the impeller moves very slightly (mm's) and then within minutes the circuit breaker flips and the motor is very hot. Hope this tells you something. Remember, this pump worked for months now fine and I did not change any connections. It also worked with the new booster pump for a few weeks just fine.
Update 2: Thanks Scubabob - I am surprised it's the bearings as this is a brand new pump. I realize it has been in storage for 15 years but it was never opened in a box. Do bearings go bad even without use? Could I have damaged them by installing the impeller too close on the inside and maybe it rubbed and overworked... show more Thanks Scubabob - I am surprised it's the bearings as this is a brand new pump. I realize it has been in storage for 15 years but it was never opened in a box. Do bearings go bad even without use? Could I have damaged them by installing the impeller too close on the inside and maybe it rubbed and overworked the engine or bearings? Just curious as it was new in the box. Thanks, JT
Update 3: I agree I can't call it "new" but just wanted to be clear about the details. I wrongly assumed it was not like a car and that unused would perform like new. Yes, it slips over the end with 2 set screws into the shaft. The motor was made by Marathon Electric. wet end says Premier and PP on top of... show more I agree I can't call it "new" but just wanted to be clear about the details. I wrongly assumed it was not like a car and that unused would perform like new.

Yes, it slips over the end with 2 set screws into the shaft. The motor was made by Marathon Electric. wet end says Premier and PP on top of metal filter cover.

by the way, I bought a Dolphin that died in 2 months, then replaced my booster pump and bought a Ray Vac which does not seem to pick up dirt. Viper did better. Tired of dirt - even cemented yard & added rocks. What's the best cleaner in your opinion? Did my new booster pump break the pool pump somehow? Hayward booster. Thanks
Update 4: Ug, read edit above 10 min ago too please. 3 set screws, pulled it off and NOW it spins freely and works fine with electricity. Somehow my impeller must be stuck. I'll take it off next and post. Still want advice on my 3 brands of cleaners and now that I'm stuck with a ray vac, way to make it pick up... show more Ug, read edit above 10 min ago too please. 3 set screws, pulled it off and NOW it spins freely and works fine with electricity. Somehow my impeller must be stuck. I'll take it off next and post. Still want advice on my 3 brands of cleaners and now that I'm stuck with a ray vac, way to make it pick up dirt???
Update 5: please read my previous 2 posts, 44 nad 56 min earlier FIXED! the impeller set screws are rusted and must have let it slide away from the shaft. When I put it back on it turned and then stopped so I pushed in from the filter side so it went farther on the shaft like I did originally and put the set screws in... show more please read my previous 2 posts, 44 nad 56 min earlier

FIXED! the impeller set screws are rusted and must have let it slide away from the shaft. When I put it back on it turned and then stopped so I pushed in from the filter side so it went farther on the shaft like I did originally and put the set screws in harder. I will buy more set screws. It sounds great again! However, when I turn booster on it drastically diminishes the flow of water out my jets into the pool. I know it has some air to get out still. Again, your opinion on best cleaner or making ray vac get dirt very much appreciated.