Star Trek mistake with TV's first interracial kiss?

It is thought that Star Trek had television's first interracial kiss with actors William Shatner and Nichelle Nichols in the episode 'Plato's Stepchildren' however, Kirk and Asian actress France Nuyen already kissed in a previous episode, 'Elaan of Troyius.' Is it just that Asians are not acknowledged, or... show more It is thought that Star Trek had television's first interracial kiss with actors William Shatner and Nichelle Nichols in the episode 'Plato's Stepchildren' however, Kirk and Asian actress France Nuyen already kissed in a previous episode, 'Elaan of Troyius.'

Is it just that Asians are not acknowledged, or considered a neutral race? Or that no one noticed until a black actress was involved?

(Previously, there was always white men kissing up Asian women or Latin women in films or television, but apparently no one noticed until that one Star Trek episode; with black men, it was taboo to them having any romance with any female, no matter the race--and vice-versa with black females having romance).

I recall Bill Cosby, having romances with black women, and showing a previous romance with a Japanese woman in the show 'I Spy'...

Things have somewhat changed these days; however, I'm still waiting on a television show that has a black male/Asian female couple as leads.

In any event, I think it was more the first television kiss between a black woman and a white male...

So, what's with that mistake?
What's with the mistake?
Update: To James.wa... If you read the question, I'm obviously questioning whether there was some racism going on in terms of blacks and Asians. You need to put some of that common sense to use; as well as reading comprehension. And we're not talking about Bollywood, but a 1960s program in a country where... show more To James.wa...

If you read the question, I'm obviously questioning whether there was some racism going on in terms of blacks and Asians.

You need to put some of that common sense to use; as well as reading comprehension.

And we're not talking about Bollywood, but a 1960s program in a country where there were people fighting for civil rights.
Update 2: To James.wa: One more thing: It's interesting you claim the question has no substance, but then you go ahead and whine about whites not complaining that they are in Bollywood films....and then you claim that you have common sense. So, basically, you're saying that blacks (or any people of color)... show more To James.wa:

One more thing: It's interesting you claim the question has no substance, but then you go ahead and whine about whites not complaining that they are in Bollywood films....and then you claim that you have common sense.

So, basically, you're saying that blacks (or any people of color) shouldn't have a say on how they were or how represented?

In terms of Star Trek, the 'interracial' kiss wasn't even noticed until a white actor kissed a black actress...

However, according to 'your' common sense, that shouldn't be noticed, right?

Your common sense and stupidity seem to go hand in hand.
Update 3: Ganguro Girl, Gorgeous Dorothy Dandridge had a couple of movies (Island in the Sun, Tomango, The Decks Ran Red) which had white lead actor in love--or lust, depending on your viewpoint--with Dandridge characters... Yes, there have been several black male/Asian female couples: E.R.~Mekhi Phifer and sexy... show more Ganguro Girl,

Gorgeous Dorothy Dandridge had a couple of movies (Island in the Sun, Tomango, The Decks Ran Red) which had white lead actor in love--or lust, depending on your viewpoint--with Dandridge characters...

Yes, there have been several black male/Asian female couples:

E.R.~Mekhi Phifer and sexy Ming-Na Wen; Mekhi Phifer and sexy Parminder Nagra; another black actor and Parminder Nagra.

Grey's Anatomy had Isaiah Washington and Sandra Oh...as Dr. Burke and Christina Yang, respectively...
Update 4: Sidenote:

I've noticed there are a lot of typos!

Yahoo! Answers doesn't allow us to go back and edit!

Grrr..!
5 answers 5