Mad V asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

Does anyone remember 70s horror movies?

I am looking for the title of a 70s or 80s horror movie about a ghost killing people in a movie theater.

In one scene a repair man is working on the soda vending machine and is squished inside by an unseen force. Later an obese woman gets a drink and the cup is filled with blood.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Ruby (1977)

starring Piper Laurie, Janit Baldwin, Stuart Whitman, Roger Davis, Sal Vecchio, Len Lesser

IMDb synopsis:

In 1935, lowlife mobster Nicky Rocco is betrayed and executed in the swampy backwoods as his pregnant gun-moll, Ruby Claire, watches. He swears vengeance with his dying breath, and then she suddenly goes into labor. In 1951, Ruby runs a backwoods drive-in theatre, employs some ex-mobsters, and has a 16-year-old daughter, Leslie, who has been mute since birth. Bizarre accidents claim the lives of one employee after another. Then Leslie shows strange behavior and begins to speak~in her dead father's voice!

Here's one site where it's available~if they haven't gotten it confused with "Ruby", the tilm about Jack Ruby:

http://www.amazon.com/s/?url=search-alias%3Daps&fi...

Here's the movie trailer on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=De7es8HMevw

Youtube thumbnail

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When this aired on HBO long, long ago, I watched it every time it was on! I have the novelization, which actually helps understand the ending much better, revealing things that likely were clipped from the finished film. Ruby owns a drive-in, which is where most of the mayhem takes place, including the vending machine scene, one of the grossest parts of the movie.

• 3 years ago

My boyfriend and that i are waiting that you'll get this answer, it is killing him that he won't be able to save in ideas for you. He change into large at watching those shows back contained in the day. Oh, we do not imagine it is inn Hell...that change into too very like "very last abode on the Left" <A ought to verify! BTW do not you adore the way you positioned "it isn't psycho" and yet someone says "Is it psycho"? lol best of success! p.s. the in elementary words advise we may be able to provide is to seem up horror action picture fan web content.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.