Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

StkyBky asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

How much will my body change in 6 months?

My husband left for Iraq a month ago and is coming home in six months. I had my second child 9 months ago and still haven't made the effort to lose the extra weight. I am 5'3 and 155lbs. I really want to lose it all while my husband is gone so I will look good for him when he comes home. I am eating healthy, doing pilates and a few hundred situps everyday. We are going to Hawaii when he gets home, so I want to wear a bikini and look good. I need recommendations on how to speed up the process, and I need to know if six months is enough time?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I was around 160 pounds after my son (born last year) and im 5'3 too. I lost all the weight and got down to 120 lbs and 16% bodyfat within 6 months time or so. The first 2-3 months it comes off FAST. It's the end that things slow down. I had a gym membership where I did weights and cardio and did the south beach diet and that did the trick!

• 1 decade ago

Its awesome that you are doing a few sit-ups everyday, bu you have to keep in mind that you have to burn some calories to get the fat out of the way. A really good exercise that i would recomend is running which works really good on anybody an any type. If you exercise 3 times a week for about 2 hours a day you will see some good results. I was online a couple days ago and i ran ove this site http://www.fityourselftoday.com/ and has some realistic and awesome information on losing weight and looking your best. It really helps people start step by step at whatever wheight they are at and also gives people a good knowledge behing losing weight and eating healthy. A lot of people have gotten great results by doing simple exercises. I really reco.mend it http://www.fityourselftoday.com/

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

In 6 months you could lose over 40 pounds of fat and build some lean muscle too.

There is not shortcut to losing weight, continue to do stay active and eat healthy. Realize that your body can only lose 1-2 lbs a week if you lose than that you most likely are losing muscle mass which is bad.

Be Consistent in your exercise routine

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You can lose 10 pounds a month healthily so its plenty of time :) Do a lot of physical activity, even if you just lay in bed and do leg lifts for 10 minutes it helps A LOT.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I think 6 months is more than enough. Do spinning!! That's the best option for women, you burn fat and get nice body. That's what my instructor told me, and I've seen results.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.