How can I stop my crash cymbal from completely breaking? Please help!!!?

I have a Sabian AAXplosion Crash cymbal, and realized yesterday that I have a small crack in it. It is the only cymbal I have right now besides my crappy hi hats, and I try to play every day. How can I stop the cymbal from completely breaking? Is there a glue or something or can I put tape on it or am I just screwed?

• John V
    Favorite Answer

cymbals cracking is caused by poor technique. Try to hit the cymbal in a swooping motion instead of slicing straight down and through it. That's the cause of a cymbal crack.

To fix the crack, since it's near an edge you can cut the crack out and it will prolong the life, but it will look funny and change the sound slightly. You can google "repairing cracked cymbals" and see many guides. Careful though, it is dangerous because you're essentially grinding metal which causes dangerous particles and high levels of heat.

My advice, work on your technique using this cymbal, and save up for another one. Buy the new one when you're certain you won't be cracking cymbals.

Its like a windshield on a car. You cant stop it. But I've had cymbals that didnt self destruct for months. So just keep playing until you get the money to get a new one.

I somewhat have a B8 14" i think of, its cracked distinctive circumstances(i think of 5 now). I in basic terms keep drilling it, and could gain this back, lol. It extra relies upon on the steel. I somewhat have a skinny crash i play the hell out of, and its bent to hell, yet no longer cracked. thicker cymbals crack less complicated (many times) cuz they are made out of layers. skinny ones are fewer layers, or one good piece. yet i play heavily so perhaps thats in basic terms me. Oh, and Joey Jordison of Slipknot

get thicker cymbals, it'll last more

for now just try hitting not on the cracked part.

Source(s): drummer in a band

Duct tape.