Here's a TNT recipe.
* Exported from MasterCook *
Glazed Baked Ham
Recipe By :
Serving Size : 12 Preparation Time :0:10
Categories : Merry Main Dishes Pork & Lamb
Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
6 pounds (6 to 8-pound) fully cooked bone-in ham
Whole cloves -- if desired
1/4 cup honey
1/2 teaspoon ground mustard (dry)
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
Heat oven to 325º. Place ham, fat side up, on rack in shallow roasting pan. Insert meat thermometer so tip is in thickest part of ham and does not touch bone or rest in fat. Cover ham and bake 13 to 17 minutes per pound or until thermometer reads 135º: 6-pound ham, 1 hour 18 minutes to 1 hour 42 minutes; 7-pound ham, 1 hour 31 minutes to 2 hours; 8-pound ham, 1 hour 44 minutes to 2 hours 16 minutes.
About 20 minutes before ham is done, remove from oven. Pour drippings from pan. Remove any skin from ham. Cut uniform diamond shapes on fat surface of ham. Insert clove in each diamond. Mix honey, mustard and cloves; brush over ham. Bake uncovered 20 minutes.
Cover ham loosely with aluminum foil tent and let stand about 10 minutes or until thermometer reads 140º.
12 to 16 servings
Please note, if you should change this recipe it will no longer be an approved Betty Crocker® Recipe.
You may notice that the nutritional information calculated by MasterCook is different from the nutritional information listed in the Betty Crocker® cookbooks. Because MasterCook and Betty Crocker® use different nutritional analysis programs and different nutrient databases, variations in results are expected.
"For more great ideas visit my Web site at: www.bettycrocker.com"
"© General Mills, Inc. 1998."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 428 Calories; 24g Fat (52.7% calories from fat); 41g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 135mg Cholesterol; 2945mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.
NOTES : Bake Time: 13 to 17 minutes per pound
Stand Time: 10 minutes
If you like the convenience of a presliced ham, ask your meat retailer to cut the ham, reassemble it and tie with cord. You still can use the same wonderful glaze.
Looking for a new festive finish for baked ham? Try one of these suggestions:
• Honey of a Sauce: Mix 6 tablespoons honey mustard and 1 cup sour cream.
• Sour Cherry Sauce: Mix 1/4 cup packed brown sugar, 1 tablespoon cornstarch and 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard (dry) in 1-quart saucepan. Stir in 1/2 cup dried sour cherries, 3/4 cup water, 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel and 2 tablespoons lemon juice. Cook over low heat 6 to 8 minutes, stirring constantly, until thickened.
• Raisin Sauce: Mix 1/2 cup packed brown sugar, 2 tablespoons cornstarch and 1 teaspoon ground mustard (dry) in 1-quart saucepan. Gradually stir in 1 1/4 cups water and 2 tablespoons lemon juice. Stir in 1 cup raisins. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils. Boil and stir 1 minute.
Nutr. Assoc. : 58552 2130706543 0 518 0
· 1 decade ago