promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 decade ago

Bread Stuffing Recipe?

Does anyone have a bread stuffing recipe which includes sage, celery, white bread, onion, egg and I think that's about it. I can remember you toast the bread and do not cook the celery and onion but I'm not sure if I am forgetting anything. Thanks

1 Answer

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

This is TNT.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Bread Stuffing

Recipe By :

Serving Size : 10 Preparation Time :0:30

Categories : Side Dishes Thanksgiving Dinner

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method

-------- ------------ --------------------------------

2 large celery stalks with leaves

1 medium onion

3/4 cup margarine or butter (1 1/2 sticks)

9 cups soft bread cubes

1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme

OR

1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves

1 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon ground sage

1/4 teaspoon pepper

Chop the celery, including the leaves. Peel and chop the onion.

Melt the margarine in the Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Cook the celery and onion in margarine 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender when pierced with a fork. Remove the Dutch oven from the heat.

Gently toss the celery mixture with the bread cubes, thyme, salt, sage and pepper, using a spoon, until bread cubes are evenly coated.

Fill wishbone area with stuffing. Fasten neck skin to back with skewer. Fold wings across back with tips touching.

Fill body cavity lightly with stuffing. Do not pack; stuffing will expand. Tuck drumsticks under band of skin at tail, or skewer to tail.

Makes 10 servings, about 1/2 cup each

++++++++++++++++++++

Please note, if you should change this recipe it will no longer be an approved Betty Crocker® Recipe.

You may notice that the nutritional information calculated by MasterCook is different from the nutritional information listed in the Betty Crocker® cookbooks. Because MasterCook and Betty Crocker® use different nutritional analysis programs and different nutrient databases, variations in results are expected.

S(Internet Address):

"For more great ideas visit my Web site at: www.bettycrocker.com"

Copyright:

"© General Mills, Inc. 1998."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 234 Calories; 15g Fat (58.3% calories from fat); 4g Protein; 21g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 37mg Cholesterol; 594mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0 Vegetable; 3 Fat.

NOTES : Essential Equipment: Dutch oven (about 4-quart size) or 12-inch skillet

Lighter Bread Stuffing: For 6 grams of fat and 130 calories per serving, decrease margarine to 1/4 cup. Heat margarine and 1/2 cup chicken broth to boiling in Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Cook celery and onion in broth mixture.

Nutr. Assoc. : 26435 0 2394 2337 0 0 2130706543 0 0 0

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.