Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 decade ago

How to make home made turkey gravy?

Hello, I am having trouble finding a way to make home made turkey gravy! do you have a good way?

10pts to best one!!!

thanks for all your help!

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Use a whisk for lump free gravy. Here's a basic recipe:

* Exported from MasterCook *

Turkey Gravy

Recipe By :

Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:00

Categories : Chapter 3 Poultry & Seafood Main Dishes

Side Dishes Thanksgiving Dinner

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method

-------- ------------ --------------------------------

2 tablespoons turkey drippings (fat and juices)

2 tablespoons all-purpose flour

1 cup liquid (turkey juices, broth or water)

Browning sauce, if desired

Salt and pepper to taste

Place the turkey on a carving board or warm platter, and cover with aluminum foil while preparing gravy. Pan and drippings will be hot, so be careful when handling. Pour drippings from roasting pan into a bowl, leaving the brown particles in the pan. Return 2 tablespoons of the drippings to the roasting pan. Measuring accurately is important because too little fat makes the gravy lumpy and too much fat makes the gravy greasy.

Stir the flour into the drippings in the pan, using a long-handled fork or spoon. Cooking with the roasting pan on top of the burner may be unwieldy, so keep a pot holder handy to steady the pan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture is smooth and bubbly. As you stir, the brown particles will be loosened from the bottom of the pan; they add more flavor to the gravy. Remove the pan from the heat.

Stir in the 1 cup liquid (turkey juices, broth or water). Heat to boiling over high heat, stirring constantly. Continue boiling 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in a few drops of browning sauce if you want the gravy to have a richer, deeper color. Taste the gravy, and add a desired amount of salt and pepper.

++++++++++++++++++++

Please note, if you should change this recipe it will no longer be an approved Betty Crocker® Recipe.

You may notice that the nutritional information calculated by MasterCook is different from the nutritional information listed in the Betty Crocker® cookbooks. Because MasterCook and Betty Crocker® use different nutritional analysis programs and different nutrient databases, variations in results are expected.

S(Internet Address):

"For more great ideas visit my Web site at: www.bettycrocker.com"

Copyright:

"© General Mills, Inc. 1998."

Yield:

"1 cup"

T(Cook):

"0:05"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 72 Calories; 6g Fat (81.0% calories from fat); trace Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 7mg Cholesterol; 2mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 1 1/2 Fat.

NOTES : Essential Equipment: the pan the turkey was roasted in

Tip

This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled if there are enough drippings. Sprinkle carefully with salt and pepper, though; they do not need to be doubled or tripled.

Nutr. Assoc. : 5341 0 1582 2130706543 0

• 3 years ago

Get a sparkling pan and placed some million tablespoon of flour (or greater in case you choose a thicker gravy), a million fowl inventory cube some blended herbs (like somewhat thyme, dried basil) and upload some chilly water (not plenty) and stir for somewhat. Then whilst it is amazingly blended upload some warm water out of your vegetables which you have been cooking (the two potatoe water or carrot, cauli etc. (as plenty water as you choose gravy) save stirring on an identical time as you warmth it as much as boiling. save stirring on an identical time as boiling for a minimum of two minutes then upload the multiple juices out of your turkey roasting dish. I each so often upload somewhat gravy browning in spite of if it is only too mild in shade. (I used to make gravy via including flour to turkey juices etc yet i finished up with lumpy gravy) My new technique continuously works completely see you later as you keep stirring till it reaches boiling factor. I each so often upload somewhat wine or different components to gravy.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.