Anonymous

What is the Sudan crysis?

what is it exactly

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The crisis in the Sudan is a battle between the local peoples and the fundamental Islamists. Fundamental Islam has been trying, for many years to take over the Sudan completely. The two largest Islamic groups are the Janjaweed and the liberty and equality party (I think that is their name). They are motivated and under the thumb of al-bashir, the leader of the Sudan who wants the installation of fundamental Islam and sharia law across all of the Sudan. This is a battle between good and evil, and at the moment it seems that evil is winning. Also, al-bashir has an arrest warrant hanging over his head issued by the International Court in the Hague. It is for numerous war crimes against humanity but somehow he still remains in power. I wonder why? The Sudan is a microcosm of fundamental Islamic expansion happening world-wide, one which the MSM seems to care little, if any about. It is sad that Muslims as a group (Ummah) are doing nothing to help their fellow Muslims who are being slaughtered by the janjaweed and others. There may indeed be moderate Muslims but there is no moderate Islam.

Source(s): 54 years of living and studying comparative religion and ME history
  • There are two crises in Sudan. The one the Media is constantly taking about is the Darfur Conflict and the second one is between South Sudan and North Sudan...although, South Sudan has become an autonomous region but some south sudanese are seeking independence as a fully recognized nation in the 2011 referendum. North Sudan/South Sudan conflicts have come to an end with a peace agreement that was made in 2005.

The Media has made the Darfur conflict sound like Arab Muslims are attacking Blacks in that region. None of that is true. The only reason the US is interested in Darfur is because of oil production in Sudan and how China has signed a lucrative Oil deal with the Sudanese government.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.