Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 decade ago

can pregnant women come here please?

ok I am pregnant and my mum starts with all of her old wives tales and 1 that she said she asked it as a question and I didn't really understand, anyway do you know what this means please?

DOES YOUR PILLOW FACE NORTH OR SOUTH?

it might sound funny to you but I just said north because its at the top of my bed ha ha ha!!

Anyway thank you if you can help me.

Favorite Answer

She's basically asking which way your bed is facing as there is an old wives tale about the position your lying as to the sex of the baby.

Good luck with the pregnancy and please, listen to the old wives tales but remember, they are superstitious sayings from years ago when people didn't understand and said things to calm or disturb pregnant mothers.

I've never understood that either. To me that doesn't make any sense because my bed was facing the same way since waaaaaaay before I got pregnant and will continue way after. So my pillow is naturally on the north side, but I'm having a girl. I think it's crazy.

nicely, purely sit down her down and say how plenty you like her and which you recognize she's feeling the hormones and if she needs to cry then decide for it. tell her you desire she is familiar with which you does no longer do or say or no longer do or no longer say something that would disillusioned her. enable her placed on your outfits... get into sharing. you're approximately to have an exceedingly wild exchange come into your life. Plus, it truly isn't any massive deal, she'll wash them. shop your money in view which you may wish it, except you're independently prosperous, then with the aid of all potential, blow it on some new outfits. :) additionally, pass together with her to purchase something for the child's room at approximately six months. it's going to make her sense solid and you will proportion interior the anticipation of the child's arrival. seem on line on ebay etc for solid high quality low value infant stuff and garments, older sizes than newborn because of the fact the child would be out of those in a couple of minutes. quit with the aid of residing house Depot or a ironmongery shop and %. up some colour swatches for the child's room and convey it residing house. i think of that commonly women human beings get extra emotional because of the fact they are doing the vast majority of making plans, etc. besides as donning the child and you will't party, would be unable to consume a lot of issues, physique feels undesirable, morning ailment, etc. So, additionally, make a element to take her out to dinner as quickly as a week or 2. It supplies her a smash and is a nighttime out. solid success. whilst issues get difficult, purely take a deep breath and placed on a grin and get her to do the comparable. being pregnant isn't an hassle-free adventure for many women folk human beings.

They say if your pillow faces north you are having a boy.

south = girl

lol, that got me thinking,

in my old house my pillow was facing south, I have 3 girls

in my new house my pillow is facing north, I am having a boy ( 39 weeks pregnant)

• kimmy

oh goodness get ready every person including strangers will give you odd tidbits and info on what you should and shouldn't do with your baby. think about which way your house is facing and figure out which way your pillow is. i've never heard of that ol wives tale. best of luck!

old wives tale. If its one way its a boy , the other a girl, but I can't remember which direction...haha!

oh wow never heard this one - i love these funny things - to think that some people really think its any significance

I have no idea. It sounds raunchy, though.

idk but i would love to know the answer. but my head faces north to at the head of my bed