Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsInfectious Diseases · 1 decade ago

is it likely that you can get HIV(aids) from a very very small cut from a knife?

it didnt really go into my skin just kinda grazed it and bleed a little bit.

Favorite Answer

only if the knife had fresh blood from a person infected with HIV on it when you cut yourself, or you held your cut onto the open wound of a person with HIV. clean it with antiseptic though to avoid infection

lol No!Sure wish the GOV would spend some money on education & awareness on HIV-AIDs!!!The HIV virus doesn't last long in the air.U should be worried about the hep-c virus as it is alot more virulent~Just clean it & forget about it eh!!!oh,Use a CONDOM if & When U have SEX!!!

Source(s): me,myself & i,PHA HIV-AIDs education & awareness speaker fopr access aids sudbury/HIV+ 7 yrs & still NOT on meds.

Did that knife have someones blood on it that has HIV? if not your answer is NO!

only if someone bled on the knife who had aids beforehand and then it entered your cut

Source(s): the definition of aids

Nope, it will only get infected if you don't treat it well.

Source(s): Happy Thanksgiving Day