common law marriage in alabama?

is there a certain age you have to be to be common law married. me and my (hubby as i call him) fiance have been Living together for a yr and a half so do i still fall under the common law marriage does anyone have any websites i can look at too

2 Answers

Relevance
  • wizjp
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Alabama

A valid common law marriage exists in AL when there is capacity to enter into a marriage, the man and women must be at least 16 with legal parental consent and present agreement or consent to be husband and wife, public recognition of the existence of the marriage, and consummation. Waller v. Waller, 567 So.2d 869 (Ala.Civ.App. 1990). See also, Hudson v. Hudson, 404 So.2d 82 (Ala.Civ.App. 1981). (Alabama Attorney General - FAQ: Marriage/Divorce).

• redden
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

why does she should be married to get her very personal babies back. she might want to honestly practice to have them back to her. if the question of marriage comes up then she in elementary words needs to declare she is in a de-facto relationship or elementary regulation marriage it really is known the position you come from and on the on the spot in optimal places. it will be a lot more advantageous suitable in case you would possibly want to come to an association with the grandparents than going for the length of the courts which may be expensive and nasty.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.