Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade?

The best place to watch?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade goes down Central Park West, around Columbus Circle and then down Broadway.

Anywhere along that route would be fine, however, as the parade ends @ Macy's (corner of Broadway and West 34th Street), the closer you get to there would be good.

An alternative site would be in Times Square (around 42nd Street) as the streets are very wide and it gives you a longer view of the parade.

Source(s): Me - MY'er/41 Years & NYC Employee/18+ Years.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The absolute best place to watch the parade is from an apt on the third floor (about balloon height) of one of the apt buildings on CPW, or an office along bdwy.

• I would advise you NOT to stand close to the Macy's store. That's where it normally gets the most packed. For the best spot, arrive early and go up in the 40s/50s and Broadway.

Source(s): NYC native. I've been to the parade before. :)
  • 1 decade ago

anywhere along CPW from the beginning at 77th Street down to Columbus Circle. much less claustrophobic along side Central Park than farther downtown in a canyon of buildings, and the noise...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 years ago

i think of the Thanksgiving parade! Sorry to take heed to approximately your sinus an infection! i desire your braces are doing extra ideal! I overlook I easily have mine (exept for the cuts in my mouth) ultimately! Have a reliable weekend! FSMS

• 1 decade ago

from the bleachers on 34th ST with the VIP tickets ;)

• 1 decade ago

idk but I'm going to the parade with my brother and Sis in law and I'm so excited! Make sure you dress warmly!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.