Anonymous
Anonymous asked in 社會與文化語言 · 1 decade ago

請幫我修改英文作文

One afternoon while I was in the middle of my favorite TV show, my mother was in the kitchen. Suddenly, I heard my mother called me. I went to the kitchen and asked my mother what was wrong. My mother said she wanting to make a cake, but there was not sugar in the house. She wanted me to buy a bag sugar in supermarket near my home.

But my TV show was playing. So I rushed to supermarket, I didn’t look very clear. I bought a bag like sugar and came back home quickly.

My mother made a cake finish. She called me to eat together. When my mother and I ate cakes, we can’t swallow the cake. Because the cake was salty, we looked the bag. I knew that was my mistake. I was buying sugar to salt.

Rating
    Favorite Answer

One afternoon, my mom was in the kitchen while I was watching my favorite television program. Suddenly, I heard my mom calling me. I immediately ran into the kitchen and asked her what was wrong. My mom said that she wanted to bake a cake, but she had run out of the sugar in our home. So, she asked me to help her buy a bag of sugar in the supermarket near my home. However, I was enjoying in my favorite television program. Reluctantly, I just rushed to the supermarket and grabbed a bag of 'something' back home without carfully watching it. After an hour or so, my mom finally finished baking. She asked me to eat with her. Just as we took the first bites of the cake, we weren't able to swallow it. To our amazement, the cake was salty!!! We looked at the bag which I had bought. We realised that due to my hastiness, I had mistaken 'salt' as 'sugar'!!!

Source(s): 自己
  • Lewis

Hi Tim, once again impressive interpertation and how did it go with the riddle question? I hope you were choosen as the best answer. Keep up the good work.

• TC

每個人的作文程度不一樣,我依你的程度將你的原文作修改,忠於原味,括號為修改部份,花了我30分鐘,因為要配合你的程度,我自己寫的話只要5分鐘

One afternoon (while拿掉) I was in the middle of (watching)my favorite TV show (and) my mother was in the kitchen. Suddenly, I heard my mother (calling) me. I went to the kitchen and asked my mother what was wrong. My mother said she (wanted) to make a cake, but there was (no) sugar(left) in the house. She wanted me to buy a bag(of) sugar (from )(a)supermarket near my home.

(As) my (favorite)TV show was (still) playing(and I didn't want to miss it),so I rushed to (the)supermarket.I didn't( really pay attention to what I was going to buy),(so) I (grabbed) a bag(of something that looked) like sugar and came back home quickly.

(After)My mother (finished making a cake), she (yelled and asked) me to eat together. When my mother and I ate (the cake), we (just couldn't )swallow it,because (it)was salty. We looked (at)the bag,(and )I knew that was my mistake. I (bought salt instead of sugar)

yell and ask就是媽媽大聲叫你做什麼事(你當時在看電視,不是嗎)

妳原文寫She called me to eat together我直覺她打電話叫妳一起吃

把糖買成鹽用 A instead of B表達 ,意思是你買A而不是B

2008-11-27 00:27:29 補充:

樓上的Tina寫得不錯,只是板大要求修改並不是叫妳重新寫一篇,人家寫電視看到一半,妳把人家全部改掉了,還有修改的定義不是用自己的程度再重新寫,一篇小學作文妳偏要修改成國中作文,那就失去意義了,沒有批評妳的意思,no hard feelings,ok?

2008-11-30 19:46:15 補充:

Hey Siversonte M3,thanks for the support,those riddles took me some time,and yes,mine was chosen the best answer.In a way,I don't believe in votes,I have to keep my fingers crossed once in while though I'm damn confident.

2008-11-30 19:46:22 補充:

I've found tons of stupid translations that were chosen as the best answers,some of my hard work went in vain though I did my best trying to help out!!

Source(s): 自己海外生活多年經驗