Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 1 decade ago

Thom Yorke's alternate Hail to the Thief track listing...?

While Hail to the Thief was well-received, it is not Radiohead's most celebrated album. The most common criticism: it needed to be shorter. Critics didn't criticize the song themselves, but felt, as a whole, a few could've been cut for a tighter listening experience. Thom Yorke, responding to the criticism, posted this alternate HTTT track listing on his blog:

"out of the gutters.

i found this>

there there

the gloaming

sail to the moon

sit down. stand up

go to sleep

whereiendandubegin

scatterbrain

2+2=5

myxomatosis

a wolf at the door

hmm."

Thoughts?

IMO, it's interesting, but flawed. I'm especially not fond of the idea of "2+2=5" and "Myxomatosis" being side-by-side. I love how the frantic end of "2+2=5" goes into the edgy, subtle drum machine opening of "Sit Down. Stand Up." on the album.

David, how dare you. lol "A Punchup at a Wedding" may be my favorite song on the album!

I wasn't into "We Suck Young Blood" on the first few listens, but it's grown on me. It could easily have been a B-side though.

Favorite Answer

hm... I'll have to check it out later. Sounds pretty interesting though.

I do really enjoy Punch-up - its ended up being one of my favorites too... but I'm interested in seeing how it changes the flow of the album - it not being there.

Hail To The Thief

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/avsMQ

I can't believe i missed this question! D: got no mail! Three things get better with age: Cheese, Wine, and Thom Yorke :) and possibly honey... My favorite song by Radiohead is Reckoner It's got a special spot with me, because it was the song that got me into them (it took a little time though) Favorite performance by Thom Yorke is probably Cymbal Rush You probably know by now that Radiohead is also my favorite band too :) good to share that with someone. I hope Radiohead can keep on making the wonderful music they make, and happy (late) birthday to Thom Yorke. ^_^

• there there should have definitely been the opener, they open all their concerts with it. a punch up at a wedding is a great song

do not forget about backdrifts and i will

its hard to comment on this when its missing so many songs

i know that when i first got the album, some parts seemed to drag

speaking of changes radiohead made before putting together an album: did you know that the original opening line for knives out was "i want you to know, you have the most beautiful eyes" instead of "he's not coming back"

i would have liked that better

it is easy to get lost in dead air space

• It would have been interesting had that been the original tracking order, but like you said it would have been flawed. I'm happy with the way the track list is.

Pretty good actually, he left off all the ones which I dislike "We Suck Young Blood", "Backdrifts" "Punch Up At A Wedding".

Might as well have included "I Will", since it's less than 2 minutes long.