Ohio Statuatory Rape Law?

I have been talking to a girl for some time now, when i met her at the club she said she was 21...I have now heard from some people that she was 17. When I confronted her about this she said she is really 18. I don't know what to believe if she is 17 or 18, does anybody know the legalities of this in Ohio and if it matters whether she is 17 or 18...I am in my twenties. Thanks!

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

OHIO laws are very specific about knowledge as a non defense.

If 18 legal if under 18 illegal. or as they say in prisons, San Quentin Quail.

Ohio Laws are:

2907.01-Sex Offenses

2907.02-Rape

2907.04 Unlawful Sex / Minor 18 but not under 13.

Reading the laws, if she is old enough to drive she should have a license and ask her you want to see it. Also laws talk about sexual intercourse as crime weather willing or not and under 18.

• 1 decade ago

Whether she's 21, 17, or 18 you need to stay away from this girl She sounds like a compulsive liar and a lot of trouble. Get rid of her now before its too late. If you insist on continuing to see her ask to see her driver's license, birth certificate, or some other legit ID with her date of birth.

• deeds
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

In maximum states the age isn't 18, so a number of those young people tried as adults could be consentable. I do think of that is strange that even although we deem minors incapable of consent for alcohol, tobacco, and intercourse because of immaturity that as quickly as that is alcohol or tobacco the two the minor and grownup get in hardship yet with intercourse only the grownup gets in hardship. i think it is smart if it is an extremely youthful minor, yet then in case you gave a 5 year previous a lager they probably would not punish the 5-year previous, so same theory could be conscious. yet heavily only like with alcohol and tobacco if the minor says "definite" to intercourse even although they comprehend that is unlawful for them to do it at that age they might desire to bare some accountability, no longer as plenty because of fact the grownup who could flow to reformatory, yet maybe an outstanding and/or probation. And under no situations could we upload the minor to a intercourse criminal registry for agreeing to intercourse. and of direction if the minor did no longer say "definite" yet became compelled of course the minor isn't at fault in any respect only like if an grownup compelled a minor to drink or smoke the minor would not be culpable.

• 1 decade ago

She sounds like bad news. Just stay away from her. Or ask her mom.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

She sounds like a rotten apple to me. RUN!

• 1 decade ago

why dont you look at her ID that will tell how old she is

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.