I'm SO stressed out from all of these hard classes. I need advice?

I am taking all honors and an AP. Here are my grades so far, I have about 2 and a half weeks left I think.

AP Human Geo- 92 with 10 points

Honors Bio- 86

Honors LA- 85

Accel Int Algebra I- I'm not sure. It's in the D range

Theatre- 97%

Health- 98%

I know I can get all A's except for math. I can get around a high C. It is a teacher problem, but next semester I will have to use more resourses. I have a tutor, but I'm really bad at math. I can't change teachers which stinks. All of next week we have perfomance finals which are different from Finals. In Biology it's a long lab test. In AP Human Geo it is a essay. In Math it is a world problem and you have to solve it and explain it. In Theatre it's a scene with a partner. I don't know about my other classes what kind of performance exam we have. A perfomance final is worth 5% of your overall grade and there is nothing else in the category. The End of Semester Exams are the week after. They are worth 15% of your total grade. Do you think they is a chance I can still get an 80% in math? They can't even review it with you because there is no time. Plus, I'm a terrible test taker such as exams. I just bomb them. It's been hard doing all of these classes and I can't stop from being stressed. I'm also on the swim team which makes it 10 times harder. I can't study for all these tests. How do I do it? I have good time management skills but with swim team it's hard to fit everything in. I'm a freshman. My goal is to go to Bard College at Simon's Rock and get the AEP scholarship. I want to go to NYU or USC afterwards. Will the math ruin my chances? I have never been so stressed out in my life. I usually end up getting 4 tests on the same day and usually only get to do about 3. I also have to go to bed at 9PM. Today was our last day and we will come back Monday starting with the Performance Exams. Can you give me some advice? I would tell my teachers and they careless. I was just concentrating on math, but I can't just forget about my other classes. I won't go down to CP, but I don't want to be stressed. What do you think? Any feedback is fine. Thanks!

Update:

If it helps, I have to wake up at 5AM so that't why I go to bed so early. I come home from swim team at 5PM and eat dinner somewhere in between 5:00-6:30PM each night. I do homework, and hardly watch TV. I only watch two shows a week and that's just Survivor and The Biggest Loser, lol.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

    Hi,

    I admit I know little about APs, but your grades seem pretty good (extremely good in Theater, Health and Human Geography). I don't think one bad semester in math will hurt your chances of getting into either Simon's Rock College of Bard or NYU. I am very poor in math myself and always avoided the harder math courses, taking only what was required. Although my parents and friends said that might affect my chances of getting into a decent college, I ended up at NYU after all.

    So as I said, do not worry if you aren't very good in math. And of course, one bad semester will not hurt you in the long run. Your performance in theater and auditions will probably be the most important factor in getting into an acting program. Being on the swim team is also a good accolade to your name. If you write a decent essay and do well on the SAT/ACT (if you need them), then you shouldn't worry about getting into college. Keep up the good work; you will be just fine.

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    If you really needed, get tutors, I'm talking AP Biology, AP Programming C++ AP Biology, Ap Physics, and AP US history.

    I had much stress too, and didn't start out the first quarter well, learn to manage your time, no procrastinating AT ALL, do some of your homework and reading at school, read ahead for the classes, ask teachers at lunch and afterschool for help, grab a tutor.

    I had to give up my life to get grades, now I'm managing pretty well, and have much more time to go out and stuff, just try and work out your timing, you'll get used to it.

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    it probably felt good to let that all out

    now, just start to chip away at all of it

    -studying a little more each night may help

    -try going to bed a little later, even just a half hour

    -it will add up (2.5 extra hours of study time each school week if youjust stay up a half hour later)!

  • 1 decade ago

    Whay ever classes are the easyest, just down on them but dont give up and keep them up. Math = death, lol, just try your hardest and YOU will be FINE

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • I WILL ASSUME THAT YOU ARE IN COLLEGE.............

    WELL MY ADVICE IS TO TAKE IT SLOW AND RELAX BUT OBVIOUSLY YOU DONT HAVE TIME TO RELAX.

    BUT I AM A STRONG ADVOCATE OF GOING TO BED LATE AND I FEEL THAT THAT IS WHAT U ULTIMATLY HAVE TO DO AND IT IS CLINICALLY PROVEN THAT IF YOU TAKE A HOT SHOWER IN THE MORNING YOU SHOULD BE JUST FINE AND AWAKE TO TAKE THE EXAMS.

    AS FAR AS MATH I THINK YOU WOULD HAVE TO PUT SPECIFICALLY WHAT YOUR NOT GETTING BECAUSE AT LEAST FOR ME ALGEBRA WAS THE EASIEST MATH COURSE I HAVE EVER TAKEN AND I NEVER GOT LESS THAN A 98 IN IT ..........

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.