Does anyone else seriously hate Twilight?

I HATE it. After forcing myself through about half of the first book, I had to quit. The endless descriptions of Edward's beauty and awesomeness, etc, etc, etc... I couldn't take any more.

I mean, I'm fifteen and a girl, so my friends act like I'm crazy for not liking it - because "omg, Edward/Jacob is teh hotts!"

Anyone else with me?

I didn't finish the first book because I care about my IQ too much. And I could feel my brain slowly melting under the assault of Stephanie Meyer's atrocious prose.

Yeek. Now I'm slightly frightened. Should I be worried for my health? Look, I can express my opinion, guys.

And to 'GOD': Buddy, chill. You just sound stupid.

Dylan: I hated Harry Potter, too.

Now, if you will excuse me, I am going to go read some REAL literature (The Hobbit).

• Favorite Answer

I haven't read nor seen it, so I can't say, but the rabid fans do bother me. My friend claims that after I read it, I will fall in love with Edward and my standards for guys will go through the roof, but I disagree. Some fictional character from a story that isn't from a Christian perspective is not going to raise my standards. Besides that, I don't find Edward attractive.

I get what u mean about Edward. I like the way some of the vampires are portrayed in the movie, but the Bella and Edward thing I don't care much for. Twilight doesn't interest me.

• cindy

I think the whole saga is like bad fanfiction that managed to get published. It looks as though it was written by a young girl obsessed with her ideal guy,what with all the purple prose regarding Edward's looks.

LMAO!!! I haven't even read it or seen it and I HATE IT!! It's SO annoying! I read The Dark Series by Christine Feehan, it's about Vampires and Carpathians (what they are before they turn vampire) and it is freaking awesome! They couldn't make it a movie though because it would be more like...uh porn. : X

Anyway, yeah I'm with you!

Source(s): Oh and the reason I hate it without ever reading it or seeing it is because of the freaking hype about it....

I don't think you are crazy...not every 15 year old girl has to like the same book.

I hate harry potter, people used to think i was crazy, they got over it.

oh my god

I Agree so much

I read like half of the book

my friends said the same thing as yours " How can you not like that book, I read it twice bla bla bla)

I thought it was a bit boring

and im ssoooo tired of hearing people talking about twilight

that edward guy (the actor) is butt ugly. if he is good looking i am a GOD. i couldn't finish the book either it's for young girls. that actor wasn't the guy they were describing in the book. i said it once and i'll say it again that guy is foogly. his head is the size of a watermelon. did i say he was bug-goo-ly

Somebody just let me borrow the book. I'm gonna read it soon. Hopefully i'll like it. :) It's not like i'm expecting it to be great though.

My crazy friends who are Twilight fans, after i told them i was borrowing it, said, "OMG, you haven't read it yet?? It will change your life forever!.." BLAH BLAH BLAH.. They're crazy, i'm serious.

thank you.

someone on here who sees the light.

that movie sucked.

everyone the day before was like omg twilight!

then the day after they see it their like that movie was bad.

I hate that movie too.

and edward is NOT cute.

:]

Nope.

I love it:D

But not because "Lykee OMG! Edward is soo hott!!!!!!!!!"

I actually like the story and Stephenie's style of writing.

It keeps my attention [: