Info needed about Romania/Romanians please...?

ok first of all i am not asking this to be racist or anything like that. i am asking it for information purposes ONLY!!! thank you! ok here goes... why do romanians call themselves "latins?" i mean really, they were not latin originally, they were slavs (wallachian, sorry if spelling is wrong) so why they think... show more ok first of all i am not asking this to be racist or anything like that. i am asking it for information purposes ONLY!!! thank you!
ok here goes...
why do romanians call themselves "latins?" i mean really, they were not latin originally, they were slavs (wallachian, sorry if spelling is wrong) so why they think after roman rule that makes them latins?? their language is latin i admit but i dont see how their entire race would have been changed because rome had rule over them for some time. rome had rule over many countries and the people of those countries are not "latin."
so i just wanna know are they claiming to be latin from some other origin as well or ONLY from roman rule. i see pics of romanians like vlad the impaler (dracula). they look to me like other eastern europeans like the countries that surround them.
well some look different but then they would most likely have gypsy in their family, yes??
i know a lot of romanians where i live they work here and whenever i wanna know about them they get an instant attitude or just act like its not important. some even get angry coz i ask. i mean my gosh, whats the problem?? dont they know who they are?? sheesh!!
you can answer even if you are not romanian, as long as you know what you are talking about. if you dont have an intelligent answer than move to another question pls. thanx.
cheers!!
Update: @ Lobosito>> I know Romanians are not Gypsies. I did not call them Gypsies, I said SOME appear or look like they have Gypsy in them. Trust me I know how Romanians feel about them. My daughter's father is from Bucharest and i know they do not like the Gypsies even when they do have them in their family!!!... show more @ Lobosito>> I know Romanians are not Gypsies. I did not call them Gypsies, I said SOME appear or look like they have Gypsy in them. Trust me I know how Romanians feel about them. My daughter's father is from Bucharest and i know they do not like the Gypsies even when they do have them in their family!!! It is almost like a joke =p
Thanx for the other answers too!!! =)
Update 2: @ Oneworld>> oh yes, they most certainly do call themselves latins and seem very proud to be considered latins...i dont get it though...NEVER say they look indo-european as to them it means you are calling them a gypsy. they are quick to spring back a reply like (here's a popular one i get from them):... show more @ Oneworld>> oh yes, they most certainly do call themselves latins and seem very proud to be considered latins...i dont get it though...NEVER say they look indo-european as to them it means you are calling them a gypsy. they are quick to spring back a reply like (here's a popular one i get from them): "oh no, no!!! we (romanians) do not look like gypsies, gypsies are not romanians they are something else (something???)...we have a nice skin color because we have latin feature and this is why we look this way. it is latin look and not gypsy."
that is their words...not mine!!!
Update 3: @Lobosito>>> oh get over yourself man!! if you cant take the heat than stay out of the kitchen. who gives a crap about what you wrote anyway. you only told me stuff i already knew. i DID NOT call romanians gypsies and i DID NOT compare them to them either. so shut da hell up and go back to making your... show more @Lobosito>>>
oh get over yourself man!! if you cant take the heat than stay out of the kitchen. who gives a crap about what you wrote anyway. you only told me stuff i already knew.
i DID NOT call romanians gypsies and i DID NOT compare them to them either.
so shut da hell up and go back to making your picket signs for equal rights of the stupid people.
i was right about what i said about romanians...just had wallachians in the place of dacians.
my questions were answered, but NOT BY YOU!!!
funny how people defend their rights so strongly when no one was offending them in the first place.